Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

6inch Lift kits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Beginning Member
Antnvlz1294@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default 6inch Lift kits?

Hey y’all,

so, I’ve been trying to search different forums and figure out which would be the best bang for buck lift kit for my 1998 blazer 4x4 non zr2 and it seems that I’m only finding old posts from 10 years ago. People then recommended kits like bds, superlift, trail master and rough country. I want to go 6 inch because I’ve heard of the complications of 2.5 inch on the front end and would like to avoid that. Yes I know I will have to replace things overtime because it’s still a lift. The problem is when I went to look up superlift, trailmaster or bds, I couldn’t find anything on their website besides nuts or a few small hardware pieces. I’m guessing they don’t sell kits anymore? All I see is the rough country 6 inch kit and while it’s only about $1000 I’m more of a “you get what you pay for” kind of guy and I’ve also had some bad experiences with rough country on wranglers and xj’s when it came to their shipped parts that were horribly welded. What other lifts are out there? I prefer something that doesn’t require welding if possible because I lack the knowledge of that trade. Your help is appreciated!

Old 11-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Beginning Member

Bump. No one?

Old 11-03-2018, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

With the last Blazer produced over 10 years ago I was relieved to see that there were some lift kits still on the market as of a few years ago. I have noticed that Superlift doesn't have a 2" lift kit any longer. I thought maybe Rough Country had a 6" lift but they still have the 2.5" kit for now.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Beginning Member

Rough country has a 2.5 and a 6 inch lift. Trail master and superlift has been discontinued. I’m trying to see if there are any other companies that make lift kits besides rough country.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:07 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Huh, I thought superlift still made theirs... other than that rough country is the only one available to my knowledge.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:40 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough
Old 11-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Beginning Member

like I said that’s an old forum from 2008 none of those lifts currently exist. They’ve all been discontinued.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Huh, I thought superlift still made theirs... other than that rough country is the only one available to my knowledge.
I thought so too. Some people seem to have them online. I keep seeing this website with theirs but my buddy who also has an s10 blazer said he ordered this kit below from them and then got a call stating it has been discontinued. So I don’t know if I should just go with rough country or..

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ducts_id=31680

Old 11-04-2018, 08:20 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

So then your next option would be a Solid Axle swap. Which is about the same cost as high end lift and probably more dependable

Old 11-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by newguy
So then your next option would be a Solid Axle swap. Which is about the same cost as high end lift and probably more dependable
anything more beneficial? Do you possibly have a link for a forum for that? I try searching and for some reason it just brings me to google. My phone is weird. I can’t imagine a solid axle giving me any more lift than I currently have. Just more stability in the front end.

Quick Reply: 6inch Lift kits?