Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   ? on airbags (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/airbags-232/)

blazin97 12-12-2004 02:23 AM

? on airbags

I was thinking of airbaggin my Blazer but I don't know how much stuff I will have to mess with. Do you guys know? thanks

zero psi 12-12-2004 02:29 PM

RE: ? on airbags

it all depends on what type of setup you want. if your going with a mono leaf spring with bags (which i don't rcomend) then all you'll have to do is notch the frame and weld on bag brackets and take all your springs out the pack except for the main leaf. But if you go with a 3, 4, or five link setup in the rear, then you'll have a lot more work ahead of you setting up the suspension. the front is just trimming the spring pocket and welding or bolting in the brackets. i heard the bolt on rear clips from airride technologies and suicidedoors.com are pretty straightforward, but im not sure if they make them for blazers. if not, then bring it to a reputable shop to have a rear suspension fabbed up for you...or bring it to me, i'm always up for some side work[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]

blazin97 12-14-2004 09:26 PM

thanks but i dont wanna travel that far for it. I live in IL. and thanks for the help.

timetoblaze 12-16-2004 04:17 AM

hey zero, you can do lowering kits? how much would you charge to put a belltech on my 4x4?
just curious

zero psi 12-20-2004 07:54 PM

hmmm...id have to think about that. how much drop? springs? spindles? blocks? plus, i wouldn't be able to do it till spring/summer. i don't have a garage at my new place. but if youre serious, ill definatly hook you up.

timetoblaze 12-21-2004 05:25 PM

its a 3/3 drop with blocks.. hit me up with an IM on AIM if you want its tpersia1551 or my email is dipersia51@yahoo.com spring would be the latest i would want to get it done you know how it is eager to do mods lol

timetoblaze 12-21-2004 05:26 PM

p.s thanx

TinnMan 04-27-2005 03:55 PM

i love having air on my blazer. air suspension really aint that bad if its done right. but don't be cheap about buying air suspension parts. you get what you pay for. and you'll find out it's better to go ahead and spend more money for a better ride that won't leave you stranded on the side of the road then to buy cheap parts like valves and fittings and they brake. but i'm telling you its worth it when you pull up anywhere and hit a switch and everyone from a block away turns and looks. pssssssssssssssssssss!!!! TinnMan

zero psi 04-27-2005 11:32 PM

i agree, plus the ride is incredible compared to the harshness of drop springs. but i usually like to drive mine with no air in the bags anyways...zero psi. nothing like a good spark show. that'll get you some looks.[sm=jawdrop.gif]

LoLoS10Blazer87 04-28-2005 01:35 PM

Yeah I love bags. There's nothing like it. I just can't wait till I get the rest of my setup, it's drivin me crazy.

I got my compressor and tank the other day. I've got a Viair 550 compressor and a flat black 5 gallon tank. I gotta get a Sawzall so I can cut the bed out of my Blazer so I can put my 4 link and c notches in.

*Drool*