Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   bagged on 22's daily driven (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/bagged-22s-daily-driven-8441/)

thegr81 01-31-2007 05:25 PM

bagged on 22's daily driven

if u bag without a body drop on 22's can it still maintain a daily driven status i know u can on 20's but unsure of 22's if someone could give me a lil advice on that i would appreciate it. i am bagging it soon and i have a set of 22's and 20's on hold till i figure this out.

LORCLAS 02-01-2007 09:25 AM

RE: bagged on 22's daily driven

What part of the country do you live? If you will have to drive in winter, I would not bag it at all unless you have a beater to drive in winter. Chances are good your valves will freeze. I know a few guys that have had this happen.

thegr81 02-07-2007 05:44 PM

i live in the desert im in phoenix so i was just wondering as for a mini truck if 22's without a body drop can be daily driven if its worth it or 20's cause iknow people with full sizes on 22's bagged daily driven but they have a bigger wheel well so i just wanted to know of the practicality of either or what size i can go without having severe problems i used to have a 99 maxima on 20's layin body it was juiced and i didn't have any problems with that and i drove it everyday i just wanted to know if air is just as reliable or better than hydralics if u can help i appreciate it thanks

LORCLAS 02-07-2007 10:47 PM

A lot of sacrifices when BD on 22's or even 20's. Have to lose heat and A/C and cut stuff up and move things around. A lot of guys lose their ABS too. Most guys don't care, but I'm for practical. At least with my Blazer. I wanna do a stock floor BD Isuzu P'up to drag the heack out of. I won't care about heat and A/C either. :D

No experience with hydros. My air has only given me a few problems. Compressor took a dump, bad Air Zenith. Replacement works fine. And a fitting came off my tank gauge and I lost all pressure. Easy fix tho. Just had to crimp the line, build up pressure and drive home.

If a pump leaks, I don't think the fix would be that easy.

zero psi 02-08-2007 08:55 PM

I don't have any experiance with hydros either, but from all I heard, I'd have to say air is more reliable (as long as it's all installed right). 22's will be a real crappy ride, but if you're like me it doesn't really matter as long as it looks cool.;)

thegr81 02-09-2007 05:35 PM

thanks for your input guys yea i think i am just going to bag my blaze on 20's im not doin a body drop on it cause then if i did i wouldn't fit cause i don't like stock floor bd so i am just doin a simple bag on 20's job its less work and money i just want to rail as soon as possible i miss that feeling of flinging reflectors on the stock cars that drive too close lol but again thanks