Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   Body lift vs ZR2 stock (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/body-lift-vs-zr2-stock-55491/)

HcHawks09 02-16-2011 04:21 PM

Body lift vs ZR2 stock

So.... I like the look and stance of a non-ZR2 with a 3 inch body lift. But I have a ZR2 (not complaining :icon_playing:) But what should I do to get a comparable stance?

Ive been debating between:
- Shackles and T-bars
- 2 or 3 inch Body Lift (i know there is no 2 inch for 2nd gens)
- Zuk Mod and T-bars
OR
- a combination of two

Will any of these options get me close to the stance I'm looking for?
I don't want to go too HUGE because it is my daily driver and I'm a poor college kid. And with the crappy gas mileage (and $3+ a gallon) I'm getting as it is...lol

As far as body lifts go...you can buy just the "pucks" or "blocks" from PA for $4 a piece. Other than bumper mounts(i could get made)...what else would i have to worry about?

:icon_couchhide:
thanks guys.

-Will

Ryanmatt135 02-16-2011 04:43 PM

right now i have 3 inch shacklles and a 1.5 inch t-bar crank. in the spring im doing a 2 inch body lift (yes they are avaible).....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Bod...Q5fAccessories

HcHawks09 02-16-2011 05:14 PM

thanks. right after i submitted it i found a 2 inch set lol i thought there was a big stink about not having a 2 in. set for 2nd gens.
I apreciate the input.
i may wait till Spring and see how your BL turns out lol.

are you keeping the shackles and T-bars when you put the BL on?

If you have time, could you possibly measure the distance between the top of your tire and top(underside) of the fender flare?
and if some one with a non ZR2 with a 3 inch BL could do the same thing that would be great!
I'm curious to see how close the two numbers are are.

mdehoogh 02-16-2011 05:39 PM

The big fuss is about the 3" kits. There's one for first gens and its cheaper than the 2" kit for second gens

also, I sent you a PM

Ryanmatt135 02-16-2011 06:09 PM

i can measure then tomarrow and ill post em up. i know the shackles gave me 2 3/4 inch total lift in yhe back. and the t-bars gave me 1.5 in the front from stock. i hav ebeen waiting for a year to buy a body lift but it seems that the only time i have a free day or two, i have no money lol, but im so anxious to get that body lift installed!

AJBert 02-16-2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by HcHawks09 (Post 409443)
So.... I like the look and stance of a non-ZR2 with a 3 inch body lift. But I have a ZR2 (not complaining :icon_playing:) But what should I do to get a comparable stance?

Ive been debating between:
- Shackles and T-bars
- 2 or 3 inch Body Lift (i know there is no 2 inch for 2nd gens)
- Zuk Mod and T-bars
OR
- a combination of two

Will any of these options get me close to the stance I'm looking for?
I don't want to go too HUGE because it is my daily driver and I'm a poor college kid. And with the crappy gas mileage (and $3+ a gallon) I'm getting as it is...lol

As far as body lifts go...you can buy just the "pucks" or "blocks" from PA for $4 a piece. Other than bumper mounts(i could get made)...what else would i have to worry about?

:icon_couchhide:
thanks guys.

-Will

I will apologize up front, but...

this is the most bassackward post I have ever seen on here.

Do you realize that the ZR2 sits 3" higher in stock form than a non-ZR2?!?

Do you realize that the ZR2 has a 3.9" wider track than a non-ZR2?!?

From what I've gather from your post, you want a Blazer that sits a little bit higher with the wheels/tires tucked in, thus providing less stability.

I am so confused.

kinter614 02-16-2011 09:54 PM

i think he is trying to say he likes the height of a non- zr2 with the 3 inch BL and would like to do it on his zr2

old skool luvr 02-16-2011 10:03 PM

^ i'm with you Bert.

personally, i can't stand BL's since i don't like seeing as much of the frame as we currently do. plus the gap that gets created just looks plain goofy.

but that's just my opinion. :icon_shrug:

i guess you could just make up some panels to fill the gap. :icon_denk:

:icon_idea1:why not just do the t-bars & shackles for now? it's the cheapest to do. you can always a BL later. and you can use the 3" kit on the 2nd gen truck, you just need to make 2 extra spacers, since the 1st gens only have 10 BM. and since they're made from plastic (well, the Summitt ones are) you can just make 'em out of aluminum.

just my nickel, take it as it is.

AJBert 02-16-2011 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 409562)
^ i'm with you Bert.

personally, i can't stand BL's since i don't like seeing as much of the frame as we currently do. plus the gap that gets created just looks plain goofy.

but that's just my opinion. :icon_shrug:

i guess you could just make up some panels to fill the gap. :icon_denk:

:icon_idea1:why not just do the t-bars & shackles for now? it's the cheapest to do. you can always a BL later. and you can use the 3" kit on the 2nd gen truck, you just need to make 2 extra spacers, since the 1st gens only have 10 BM. and since they're made from plastic (well, the Summitt ones are) you can just make 'em out of aluminum.

just my nickel, take it as it is.

The problem is he HAS a ZR2 yet he likes the look of a BL'd non-ZR2!

old skool luvr 02-17-2011 12:07 AM

oh, i realize that Bert.

maybe i could trade him? would that help him out any?