Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   Lowered VS Lifted (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/lowered-vs-lifted-73254/)

BlueDevils 08-25-2012 01:03 PM

Lowered VS Lifted

I have a 1993 S10 4x4 Blazer. Before, I wanted to lift it about three inches, but now I'm not so sure. I'm used to cars and I know if I lower it, then it'll handle more like a car, but I also want to try a lifted vehicle. I'm a beginner when it comes to stuff like this, so I want to know what are the pros and cons to lowering and lifting? I'd like to make a list so I can compare.

Which would be better? This will be my daily driver for a while and will see almost all on-road use but I still want to be able to drive through winter on 4x4s.

abig84 08-26-2012 09:37 AM

ive always owned two vehicles. one to mess around with, lift lower whatever, and one to get you where youre going. maybe im getting old but have had lifted trucks forever and why on earth people want to lift their truck sky high for looks is just crazy, ruins the truck, sucks to get in and out of, sucks to load, sucks to tow, gas mileage is effected, harder to park, worse visibility, worse handling. but fun in the snow and offroad.

duxtoyz 08-26-2012 11:41 AM

im the same way. i have my lowered rig for cruisn around on nice days, my lifted rig for beatn up on the trails and in the snow and my everyday driver thats stock, except for engine mods lol, to get me and the fam all over. i like them all. but if u have a 4x4 its pointless to lower. my buddy lowered his 4x4 2dr blazer, it looks cool and is basically awd now, still functions good and wasnt hard to do, but y would u lower a 4wd? they make 2wd vehicles u know? lol. guess its ur preference. if u havent had anything other than stock, try them both out. lower ur blazer first, cause its the easiest and if u dont like it then lift it. blazers r ez to do this too if u dont go to the extremes on them. :)

BlueDevils 08-27-2012 11:01 AM

I already have a Nissan for the low stuff, so I guess I'll go the lifting route. But I've heard that the 3" lift kit makes creaking noises when the SUV goes around corners and turns.

Has anyone had that problem? It's not a problem for me, but it might bother the people who ride with me. A 3 inch lift is a small lift, not a big deal for daily driving, or I've been told.

Do I have to upgrade the shocks, etc if I go with a lift?

duxtoyz 08-27-2012 11:57 AM

the creeking would just be ungreased bushings or suspension. easily fixed with proper, preventative maintinence. and when u lift anything ul have to upgrade ur shocks if the stock ones dont reach. which they prob wont so be prepared to replace those. id recommend Bilsteins. and the 3" lift is a great lift for daily driving.
:icon_werd:

BlueDevils 08-27-2012 12:05 PM

Always liked Bilsteins.

What kind of wheel/tire combo can I do with a 3" lift? 31s?

duxtoyz 08-27-2012 03:22 PM

they are my favorite. ud be safe to put 32s on there, but u may need to trim a lil and they may rub at full crank.