Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   Orbit eye rear leaf spring bushings, worth the money? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/orbit-eye-rear-leaf-spring-bushings-worth-money-58030/)

NCSWP 04-16-2011 06:08 PM

Orbit eye rear leaf spring bushings, worth the money?

Wondering if anyone here has tryed this companies orbital bushing out(TXZR2.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Orbit-Eye Rear ZR2 Leaf Spring Bushings
Sounds like a great idea. Hoping some of you have ran them.
:icon_shrug:

mdehoogh 04-16-2011 08:27 PM

It's a cool idea but I've never heard of anyone on here using them. I will say that the guy who made that thread (Miles) is an S-series expert who's contributed TONS of knowledge on various s-series forums. From some of his other threads that I've read, I think it's safe to say that he wouldn't promote the product if it was just a gimmick

Verno 04-17-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh (Post 426634)
It's a cool idea but I've never heard of anyone on here using them. I will say that the guy who made that thread (Miles) is an S-series expert who's contributed TONS of knowledge on various s-series forums. From some of his other threads that I've read, I think it's safe to say that he wouldn't promote the product if it was just a gimmick

x2 he's a great guy, with tried & proven knowledge.

NCSWP 04-19-2011 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh (Post 426634)

Yeah I know, I made my quick disco's off his idea. Is there anyway to talk to him though? Or anyone who's ran them??? He obviously had not actually tried them yet from the link I posted, so doesn't really tell me much. I want to read about or talk to someone who has actually put them through the paces on a ZR2.

swartlkk 04-19-2011 06:01 AM

I'm sure that they work, but the only real reason to run them is if your stock leaf spring bushings are limiting your articulation. If you aren't really pushing the limits of your suspension system, I see little value in using them.

NCSWP 04-21-2011 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 427180)
I'm sure that they work, but the only real reason to run them is if your stock leaf spring bushings are limiting your articulation. If you aren't really pushing the limits of your suspension system, I see little value in using them.

Exactly...that's why I am interested in them. But I want to talk to someone that can tell me how they felt, any problems, shackle used, noticed gains, rd ride/o.r. ride,etc. I can't believe out of all the people to see this nobody knows someone who has ran them, oh well, keep hoping someone will!
:icon_shrug: