Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

rancho rsx shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:37 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rancho rsx shocks

I'm not sure. I liked the rancho's I got them from ebay. for under $200. I think. i never had any problem with body roll with my blazer. How's your bushings? I had all my buddies wondering about that thing cause it drove more like a sports car than an SUV. Figure that one out.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:07 PM
ccajun4real is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: ceanern

I'm not sure. I liked the rancho's I got them from ebay. for under $200. I think. i never had any problem with body roll with my blazer. How's your bushings? I had all my buddies wondering about that thing cause it drove more like a sports car than an SUV. Figure that one out.
I ended up going with rough country nitro 7000 shocks from JC Whitney. These things are VERY thick and look like a substantial piece of equipment. I went with them over the Rancho and Edelbrock because of the overwhelmingly positive reviews on the site.

Cajun

Old 11-14-2007, 09:06 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

That works. I'm gonna be checking into shocks and a lift for my truck here shortly. Once some bills are cleaned up and my quads are running good. it will be time for some mods to my truck. new clutch, and full exhaust headers back more than likely. Already have the intake. And upgrades to my ignition system to try and improve my mpg and towing capabilites. On average i'm hauling around a 1 to 1 1/2 tons with a 3 ton truck. haha go figure. But i gotta up grade my rear suspension to handle the load. sags a little which is understandable. But that drives me nutz! Let me know how those shocks work for ya. I've been partial to rancho. Just cause my first truck I ever owned had them put on it by my brother. It was a hand me down truck. and those things lasted forever. heck still on the truck and still taken a beating.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 PM
fernandoh is an unknown quantity at this point

The orange shocks are De Carbon a french subsidiary of Bilstein if I recall. Top class shocks both.