Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   Swapping lift kits (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/swapping-lift-kits-89513/)

joshn444 04-11-2015 02:47 PM

Swapping lift kits

Alright well I want to put a larger lift on my blazer a 5/6". I already have the 2.5" rc lift and from what I have read I cannot remove the kit I have and install another because the front diff was cut. So my question is has anyone gone to one of the larger kits after the 2.5" or is it even possible? Also I don't want to use a body lift since i won't gain any ground clearance

2003 blazer 4dr 4 button 4wd 31s 2.5" rc lift

lazyboyjake 04-11-2015 10:10 PM

Sounds like it's time to plan out a SAS

Jamaroon 04-12-2015 03:26 PM

The rough country 6" requires cutting the diff as well, but in different spots and comes with a different bracket. You should be able to still use the same diff I think.

The other lifts don't require cutting the diff and I don't see why you couldn't use your diff with the 2.5" brackets on there as well. I haven't done it either way but that's my interpretation of it.

joshn444 04-12-2015 09:59 PM

I'm not looking to make that serious of a rig to do a SAS. Do you know what the difference between the cuts are?

Jamaroon 04-13-2015 09:45 AM

rough country has instructions with pictures for both lifts on their website

dharvey4651 05-02-2015 06:56 PM

Yes you can reuse your differential. If you read though the instructions for both rough country 2.5" and 6" lifts, they both have you cut the same mount off the differential. The 6" lift just has you take some fins off as well as the mount so yes you'd be fine.

AJBert 05-03-2015 10:06 PM

Just an FYI, no amount of lift gives you better ground clearance. The size/height of your tires gives you the ground clearance. All the lift does is allow bigger tires and more suspension travel.

A body lift will also allow you to put bigger tires on and may allow more suspension travel. So depending on how high you want to go, how much work you want to do and how much money you want to spend will determine which way you should go.

newguy 05-04-2015 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 648969)
Just an FYI, no amount of lift gives you better ground clearance. The size/height of your tires gives you the ground clearance. All the lift does is allow bigger tires and more suspension travel.

A body lift will also allow you to put bigger tires on and may allow more suspension travel. So depending on how high you want to go, how much work you want to do and how much money you want to spend will determine which way you should go.

Damn axles!

05canjimmy 05-05-2015 04:43 PM

IMO not that i've ever seen anything other then a rc 2.5" with the diff bracket will probably help you with your CV angle, and if the other kit doesn't have upper arms then the rc ones might be a better choice then stock for alignment issues

joshn444 05-05-2015 10:03 PM

I'm just looking to get my drive train and the cab out of the danger zone in deeper water along with more suspension flex.

That and a lot of people don't think I'm lifted at all ��������