Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   What Shocks are YOU running? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/what-shocks-you-running-61218/)

NCSWP 07-17-2011 11:09 PM

What Shocks are YOU running?

Just wanted to see the different types of shocks everyone is running on their ZR's, I'm still running the good ol' stock blue and yellows! Looking at the procomp ES 3000's; anyone have any experience with those? What size should I get?

NCSWP 07-20-2011 08:29 PM

:icon_emm::icon_no:Seriously? Come on people, 47 views 0 replies...LAME. Come on, is everyone really running factory shocks? Let's hear it!:icon_wake:

mdehoogh 07-20-2011 09:07 PM

Monroe Reflex. Had them on for several years now and they seem fine to me. I would like to get some longer shocks now that I've lifted the truck slightly.

Zanders 07-20-2011 09:10 PM

well, im just a little old non zr2 blazer, but i still have the stock bilsteins, though I plan on putting on a new set of bilstein hd's or monroe mono tube shocks. Im leaning toward the bilsteins due to their widely known longetivity. I can attest to this myself, as on 85k on my blazer and they still have a good amount of life in them. Oh and btw, i posted out of pitty... :icon_verzsilly:

MikeRo 07-20-2011 11:13 PM

Rough Country Nitro 9000s....... No problems so far, very solid

tibby 07-21-2011 12:10 AM

I made a thread asking about the pro comps and the guy that responded said he liked them pretty well and they have been on for awhile. So I think the pro comps are good shocks.

But personally, I would go with the monroe's mentioned above as some place around here I think sears, installs them free of charge when purchased from there. It'll save you a bit of labor.

But as for me, I'm still running stockers. They have plenty of life left and I'm going on 209k.

chris015 07-21-2011 12:39 AM

Im running them cheap $25 monroe yellow shocks from advance auto. They are junk. Im going to exchange them for some kyb's etc. Moneys tight,but i know somethings better then what i have now.

swartlkk 07-21-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by NCSWP (Post 447586)
:icon_emm::icon_no:Seriously? Come on people, 47 views 0 replies...LAME. Come on, is everyone really running factory shocks? Let's hear it!:icon_wake:

You know what else is lame... ^^^^^^^^^^ :icon_doh: Search FTW!!:icon_urinal:

I too used Monroe Reflex on the front & Monroe Sensatrak w/ Load Assist in the rear of my old Bravada. My Rainier was stock; why fix what ain't broken. My Tahoe is stock right now, but when I do change them I'll be going to be putting on Bilstein HD shocks.

AJBert 07-21-2011 08:17 AM

You will be hard pressed to find a better shock than the stock Bilsteins on a ZR2. This has been discussed many times over.

And, yes, I am still running the stockers with 206K miles and coming up on 11 years old. They still work perfectly fine.

NCSWP 07-21-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 447654)
You know what else is lame... ^^^^^^^^^^ :icon_doh: Search FTW!!:icon_urinal:

I too used Monroe Reflex on the front & Monroe Sensatrak w/ Load Assist in the rear of my old Bravada. My Rainier was stock; why fix what ain't broken. My Tahoe is stock right now, but when I do change them I'll be going to be putting on Bilstein HD shocks.

Well ya see :icon_idea:; I did search, but the search feature on this forum is also pretty lame sometimes and not one thread came up under suspension tech for procomp ES 3000's. Maybe I titled the thread incorrectly, I'm really just wondering about the procomp's BUT would be open to suggestion on other companies. :icon_shrug:

BTW, Bilsteins are very nice, just $$$.