Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/)
-   -   Whats The Best Way? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/whats-best-way-13161/)

99 Blazer 4x4 09-21-2007 09:27 PM

Whats The Best Way?

Got aquestion, I've been online looking at several sites that have body lifts and I am planning on doing a suspension lift but for now I was playing with the idea of a body lift I know you can fit 30"x9.5" tires without any modifications and or lift but I'm a tall guy and have had problems with my legs so a couple more inches would greatly help. I am doing little buy little as I am a student. I was going to body lift anyway so I figured I could go ahead and do this along with tires, it would be affordable for me and allow me to save additional cash and still satisfy my needs. Today I did the torsion bar crank and I am extremely happy with the outcome. I been trying to figure out how to lift the body of the frame I don't have access to a fancy lift just the usual hillbilly methods of doing things.lol. My buddy said to take the body lift and use about four straps and use them like a harness type cradle. I don't really want to disconnect or mess with anything.What do you guys think. Also I don't want to have to change the gas neck or other stupid crap that I 've heard has to be done. A step by step would be appreciated so I know what I'm getting myself into and how hard is it and how long does it take. I used to take my trucks to a shop but enjoy the satisfaction of doing it myself now days. Thanks in advance.

a_tack 09-21-2007 09:36 PM

RE: Whats The Best Way?

you can do a body lift on a truck with nothing more than a couple of good floor jacks... no need for large expensive equipment...

99 Blazer 4x4 09-21-2007 09:40 PM

Awesome thanks.

RCars2 09-22-2007 02:34 AM

What you will need to get the body lifted to get the lift blocks in is just a good 2 or 3 ton floor jack and a few blocks of wood to give you some more lifting height and to lessen any damage to the part of the body that you are lifting on. I did it for my blazer and it came out pretty slick.

99 Blazer 4x4 09-22-2007 08:02 AM

Ok, how come some kits say that the gas filler neck and the steering shaft have to be modified. I know on the ZR2 the steering shaft has to be messed with because every kit has a star or number by the description that says about the ZR2 and that particular kit. I done my research and the same basic kit just made by different companies all of which are the exact same high some say no modification needs. Some kits say you need to modify a certain part. Whats the deal?, and is there just a bolt on kit. I don't havea way to order off of the internet yet so as long as the kit is available from like Orielly or an Offroad shop.

RCars2 09-25-2007 11:45 AM

It says that you "MAY" have to modify these. Im thinking from what i saw this may mostly apply to ZR2's. Though then again, Jigg didnt have to modify his gas tank hose either.......at any rate you shouldnt have to modify the gas tank hose as the section they want you to replace is the same size as the hose they give youand definately not the steering shaft as you dont have a ZR2. As for the rest just try and follow the instructions as best you can and you should come out alright. Some things are pointless like the battery box thing but the rest you should make sense.