Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road
Default wheel question

im looking to get a little wider stance on my 02 jimmy sls.
im thinking about grabbing a set of American racing outlaw II wheels

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_ar.asp

can you guys tell me if this will work right and what is the 4x4 offset of stock wheels and the 2wd offset?
the ones im looking at specs are: 15" x 7" OFFSET 50 BACKSPACE 5.97 5x120.7

any thoughts?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:18 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by g_mike
im looking to get a little wider stance on my 02 jimmy sls.
im thinking about grabbing a set of American racing outlaw II wheels

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_ar.asp

can you guys tell me if this will work right and what is the 4x4 offset of stock wheels and the 2wd offset?
the ones im looking at specs are: 15" x 7" OFFSET 50 BACKSPACE 5.97 5x120.7

any thoughts?

Those will fit almost exactly the same as the stock wheels. Stock (4x4) has an offset of 51 or 52 (I think) and backspace at 6. 2wd has a backspace of 4 and I think a 0 offset

A lot of people with 4wd trucks put 2wd wheels on or wheels with 4 - 4.5" backspacing and it looks pretty good. I have a set of 2wd wheels I'm going to put on mine soon.

Edit: I'm gonna move this to the wheel subforum

Last edited by mdehoogh; 11-06-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road

that sucks, and actually the guy selling them just emailed me back saying sold anyway.

ya the goal was to go with a 2wd offset, im thinking i may just go buy some new steelies from a rims shop, i know a place that will sell them around $50 a rim mounted and i already have snow tires.
i just really hate my stock wheels with no center caps and want it wider. i thought about wheel spacers but for hub-centric spacers its the same price as steelies if not more.

also, i useto have a 02 2wd ZQ8 sonoma that i had 20" boss rims on, then i bought the jimmy and had the 20s on it in the summer, the back wheels were flush and the fronts stuck out a little, thats the look i want to go back to, it just felt much more stable with the wider stance, also the low pros helped a lot too.

next im going to be doing the shocks and a steering dampener hopefully... im on project fix truck thats had 5-10km on it in 2 years and hasnt moved in over 8 months...so shes got some creaks and squeaks from sitting, today was day 1 back on the road, and boy she wobbles much more than my CTS lol

Last edited by g_mike; 11-06-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah, the front wheelbase is a little wider so the fronts stick out a little further than the back wheels. I went with a set of 2wd S10 steelies that I got for $20. Don't have any tires on them so it's hard to say how they'll look.

The current ride of the month, Wolfpack, has some procomp wheels with 4.5" backspacing