Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tire quote

Old 12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tire quote

Is this a reasonable quote for these tires, i got it at firestone this afternoon

115608 destination M/T with uni-owl 735.96

Old 12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tire quote

imo it sound like thats a bit high to me

Old 12-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

thats a little high in price.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Same tires are $667.73 shipped to your door in CT on froogle.com. That's $40 cheaper per tire. Of course you still have to get them mounted and balanced. Actually, the $735.96 you're referring to is before the discount. It actually works out to be $625.56 with their discount (not including tax). Can't beat that. Well I guess you could beat the price with froogle if you didn't have to pay for shipping. I went to Firestone once for an inspection and they quoted me over $800 for a tie rod end and new tires. Never will trust Firestone again. If they allow it, I would buy the tires at their discounted price and take them somewhere else for mounting and balancing. Most places do it for free when you buy their tires there, don't know why Firestone wouldn't.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 PM

mounting and balance is not a problem, we have the machinery at school to do it.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:49 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason when I link to froogle it doesn't keep the original requested size in there. If you click on it now it goes to a 225 tire, not a 31. They are 143.20 a tire and if you buy from Firestone they would be 165.77 a tire (tax included at 6%). Froogle would be 175.52 a tire (including shipping and tax at 6%). Not sure what the tax rate is in CT, or if they would charge you tax on Froogle or not. If there's no tax on Froogle then it works out to be 166.93 a tire (shipped). The more I look at this the more it seems like buying them in the store at the discounted price is the better option, especially if you can mount and balance them yourself. Will they allow you to buy them at discounted price and install somewhere else?

Are you set on this particular tire? There are other viable, and cheaper alternatives out there.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Actually my mom went to get a tire fixed and she got the quote, she just saw that they wre mud terrains, even though i want all terains and asked the guy about them
so im not set on that tire, i just want a decent cheep all terain tire

Old 12-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

i can get a quote from my boss, tell me EXACTLY wat u want (meansurments all that) ill try to get u several options(so that means give me a few choices)

Old 12-04-2007, 08:59 PM

exactly what i want is an all terrain tire that fits on our stock rim and is 29-30 inches.i want it just a little bit wider than our stock tires.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

265/70r15 = ~30x10.5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire quote