Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   2004 ZR-2 Tires (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/2004-zr-2-tires-85220/)

UkrainianGuy 04-03-2014 02:11 PM

2004 ZR-2 Tires

Howdy,

My Blazer had 265/75r15's on them. Stock?! So the stock Blazer tires are discontinued as per Fountain Tire, however on website they aren't. I trust my connection a manager of nearby shop, assure me they got the perfect set for me. They throw it on, low cost.. but she sits about 2 inches lowers now, more space in the wheel wells and spedometer is off.

If i had a regular blazer non ZR-2 package probably look perfect. But makes my blazer look like i added flares yet didnt upgrade the tires. hate the look, the ride and the feeling behind the wheel.

So now im dealing with the shop, that tell me 235/75r15 are the size im suppose to have on it. At no point was i told this was shorter or smaller tires. Or advised that this would be different than my set i had on.

Not feeling it...

Let that be a lesson to all... double and triple check all numbers and ask ever possible question

Jamaroon 04-03-2014 02:58 PM

Hey another Winnipegger!

Yeah, never let a shop tell you what you should have. Always do the research before hand and tell them what you need. Seems like shops are clueless most of the time when it comes to special option packages.

ZR2's should have 31x10.5R15's stock, should also say so on the door sticker. Make them take the tires back and get the right size.

jpimp 04-03-2014 03:59 PM

Do as Jamaroon says and get them to put the right tires on.

Did you happen to go to the one on Jubilee and Pembina, they suck. ripped me off last time I went there too.
My buddy owns the fountain tire on pembina and Bairdmore...they know what they are talking about there. His name is Doug if it helps.

UkrainianGuy 04-03-2014 04:31 PM

well this fountain tire recycled my old tires, wont refund me or get me the proper set.
so i just got screwed.. :(

rexmburns 04-03-2014 04:35 PM

Threaten legal action on account of safety due to their negligence of installing improper tires per the vehicle manufacture specifications:)

Jamaroon 04-03-2014 08:16 PM

and/or to report them to the better business bureau

UkrainianGuy 04-03-2014 11:20 PM

yeah i can do all that but im still left with these tires... gonna hit up KAL TIRE and other shops and see if they can make me happy.

Sad part is, this connection i have at fountain tire is a buddy, and he aint doing much for me. Friendship obviously ruined now, and he owns a JEEP, goes off roading etc.. so you would think he would understand my view, try to make me happy and offer a solution.

instead of just covering his ass and unable to admit, these stock computer said so tires ARENT THE PROPER TIRES for a ZR2!

blaz 04-04-2014 06:05 PM

Some blazers did come with 265/75/15 tires. Same size as 31x10.5x15. I have had issues too. I have an 8.5" rear diff on a non ZR2 blazer.

Too bad you didn't notice before you left the place.

UkrainianGuy 04-04-2014 10:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
i did notice, however coming off of a midnight shift, i told myself, hey, im tired, and cranky, look at it the next day... here are the before and after... see if you can see a difference?

UkrainianGuy 04-08-2014 06:52 AM

Fountain Tire didn't recycle the old tires, had them put back on, and ordering in 265/75r15's, which will take a week. If this doesn't work, only solution is, bigger rims and or lift kit. I'm not interested in either or at this time, otherwise I wont fit in my underground parkade. After market Tires are a bitch for the ZR-2!!