Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

31's on a first gen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Interceptor9C1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 31's on a first gen?

Ran a search but come up with threads fitting 31's to a second gen. I have an 88 with a torsion bar crank and shackle lift. Looking to put some 31's on stock rims. Will there be much clearance issues? Ill probably do a 2in body lift to it at some point but would like to get the wheels/tires on there first

Old 01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be able to clear them. You might rub at full lock on the sway bar or frame. Just remember no on makes a wheel with the backspacing of the stock one so your new wheels will stick em out a little so you might rub on the fender at that point. Someone with a 1st get will chime in I'm sure. Keep searching I'm sure there's a lot on here.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cochran07
You should be able to clear them. You might rub at full lock on the sway bar or frame. Just remember no on makes a wheel with the backspacing of the stock one so your new wheels will stick em out a little so you might rub on the fender at that point. Someone with a 1st get will chime in I'm sure. Keep searching I'm sure there's a lot on here.
i must have missed where the OP said he was getting new wheels.........

Originally Posted by Interceptor9C1
Looking to put some 31's on stock rims.

you can fit 31's on a stock 1st gen with minor rubbing @ lock. with the t-bar crank & shackles you're laughing.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:52 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

It all depends. If your t-bars are worn even cranking them wont help 31s clear. The ones on my 87 were bad and even with a 3 inch BL they rubbed the rear of the front fenders. With the factory rims the tires WILL rub the front sway bar on the front and the frame in the rear front. The rear tires have no problems rubbing. I've heard making blocks to lower the front sway will keep them from rubbing but I haven't ever tried it. I might one day if I get bored but right now I'm gathering parts for a SFA so I hope the IFS will be gone soon.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:22 PM

Old skool I was just putting it out there and he said at the bottom of his post he wants to get wheels and tires on there before a body lift

Old 01-22-2011, 05:36 PM

Old skool I was just putting it out there and he said at the bottom of his post he wants to get wheels and tires on there before a body lift

I see what way talking about but notice this part right before it

Originally Posted by Interceptor9C1
Looking to put some 31's on stock rims.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM

I know I know. But hey he could be as indesieve as I am. I change my mind daily about keeping my stock wheels or going aftermarket

Old 01-22-2011, 07:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

I know I know. But hey he could be as indesieve as I am. I change my mind daily about keeping my stock wheels or going aftermarket
yeah, don't you hate that!

you guys do realize you can use FWD wheels on the trucks, right?

Honda's bolt right up.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:08 AM

I'd much rather see corvette wheels on a 4x4 s-series than some honda, lol

Old 01-23-2011, 09:24 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by neo71665
I'd much rather see corvette wheels on a 4x4 s-series than some honda, lol

hmmm............

Quick Reply: 31's on a first gen?