Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   96 blazer mudding tire question (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/96-blazer-mudding-tire-question-78244/)

bdemutis 03-28-2013 02:01 PM

96 blazer mudding tire question

Ok so right now I have a 3" shackle lift in the back and a a t-bar crank. I know I can fit 31's but it will rub when turned all the way. Right now I have the Goodyear wrangler radials on. I went mudding the other day and got stuck yes I know they are street tires. My question is what is a good off road tire I was looking at the Nexen Roadian MT Tire LT235/75R15/6 but I don't know if they will be any different. I was also considering a 31/10.5/15 or a 30/9.5/15. I don't know what tire will be good.

chestypuller 03-28-2013 02:09 PM

Super swamper bogger

rexmburns 03-28-2013 02:14 PM

Boggers are sh** on the road especially in the rain so don't listen to chesty on this one! Look into a good MT or AT tire. I have Goodyear Wrangler Authorities right now and I wouldn't have even thought about buying them except I got a set of almost new tires for $200. I am glad I bought them now! They do great in all weather conditions and actually clean out really well in the mud for an AT tire. Alot of people really like the Duratracs as well. I have no personal experince with them but have heard all good things. If you want something more MT style look into the BFG mud terrains or similar. There are alot of tires out there that will suit you really well. Just remember it doesn't matter how great your tires are there is always a chance you will get stuck!!

chestypuller 03-28-2013 02:37 PM

Hes asking a mudding tire question not a drive around the mall tire like you buy princess

rexmburns 03-28-2013 02:54 PM

HAHA your so stupid chesty! If you paid any attention to his other posts that you have felt the need to open your mouth and vomit stupid in you would also know that he still needs to drive this this daily. But since you clearly have the memory and attention span of a goddamn goldfish I wouldn't really expect you to know much! Seriously dude think before you speak!!

chestypuller 03-28-2013 03:00 PM

Go wax you mall wheeler!

Leave the real 4 wheel to us men rex, some of us use a mudd tire for more then a prop.

bdemutis 03-28-2013 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by chestypuller (Post 576261)
Go wax you mall wheeler!

Leave the real 4 wheel to us men rex, some of us use a mudd tire for more then a prop.

I need something that can be used for towing a bassboat and going off road not just strictly off road.

chestypuller 03-28-2013 03:08 PM

Bfg mudd terrain tire then

A bogger is dot aporoved so you could tow with it, but its not a high millage street tire

Another great option thats tuff and great offriad is a ssr swamper, great offroad and its got a center section thats good for road, also you can get it in bias (tuff) or a radial (less tuff better ride)

bdemutis 03-28-2013 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by chestypuller (Post 576269)
Bfg mudd terrain tire then

A bogger is dot aporoved so you could tow with it, but its not a high millage street tire

Another great option thats tuff and great offriad is a ssr swamper, great offroad and its got a center section thats good for road, also you can get it in bias (tuff) or a radial (less tuff better ride)

Yea that's allot for one tire $250 I think I'll look around more or look on CL lol.

chestypuller 03-28-2013 03:18 PM

Gumbo mudders will outlast your blazer, i dont know if they come in small tho