Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Am I getting ripped off? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/am-i-getting-ripped-off-9719/)

jimbosv650 03-30-2007 07:38 PM

Am I getting ripped off?

Last night I went down to Pepboys and checked out some tire prices. They quoted me $511.xx for a set of four Goodyear's(I dont know what model) sized 235/75/15 mounted, balanced, and aligned. Does this seem like a good deal?This would be the first time I purchase LT tires so Im not sure.

drperry 03-30-2007 08:06 PM

RE: Am I getting ripped off?

It depends on the model of tire... That doesn't seem too bad... As long as it's not for Wrangler RT/S tires...

a_tack 03-31-2007 01:01 AM

I gave less than that for my BFG AT's..... most big chain stores like that are rip-offs...IMO......

drperry 03-31-2007 08:19 AM

My BFG AT's cost me about $750 Canadian... And that's the cheapest place in town.

a_tack 03-31-2007 01:06 PM

most good shops will mount, balance, etc. for free if you buy the tires there.. thats what I hate about pep-boys, wal-mart, sears, etc... hidden fees...lol I just found the reciept for my BFG's.... one the road it was $465 for 4 new 30x9.50's. . . mount, balance, the whole 9 yards included

TripleBlackBlazer 04-01-2007 01:01 PM

I was reduced to spinning tires in the rain due to low tread on (I believe) factory tires from 1st owner. Due to my budget, I searched for the CHEAPEST set I could find...Local shop (Central PA) quoted $89 per tire mounted and balanced for a Cooper look-a-like ($360) total. Went to a Mom and Pop shop that helped me out with used tires for my Astro during college and he found a set of 235/75/15's for $260 out the door. Now granted they are from Sri Lanka and are loud at highway speeds due to tread pattern, but they get the job done and fit well within my budget. I don't know if the lower prices are because there's a large auto auction up the road or not, but you get what you pay for. I'm looking at new (translation:BIGGER) rims and tires soon so it didn't make sense to blow a lot on good tires only to have them replaced within the year. I'm guessing 400-450 range seems about right for name brand tires though...511 seems just a tad high and I'm almost positive if you call to some of the smaller stores they should have a better deal for ya. Good luck!

Also, are the tires that are coming off it 235/75's? I didn't realize it, or look closely enough when I replaced mine and thought they were. They were actually 235/70's. This may make a small difference in price...

hockeykid15 04-10-2007 09:10 PM

if you have one in the area, i usually go to discount tire. look forthe tire you want on tire rack's website and if TR's price is lower dicount will match, if not beat it. i got my GY wrangler sr-a's for $46 a peice

ceanern 04-10-2007 09:45 PM

shop around the web gaging prices and also check at a few other shops. I spent $360 roughly don't remember now for Cooper Cobra GT's for my blazer. 235/75R15.

throttlesteer 04-10-2007 10:13 PM

I've had the best luck with www.tirerack.com Quick shipping and decent prices. If anything its a good source to compare tires before buying.