Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   anyone have BFG Long Trail tires? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/anyone-have-bfg-long-trail-tires-17132/)

94blueknight 02-10-2008 01:08 PM

anyone have BFG Long Trail tires?

ok so i've been hearing people w/ the BFG ATs or MTs have been gettin really good traction in the snow. i have a set of BFG Long Trail tires and i think that they are too hard compound wise and i dont get good traction in the snow taking off. at higher speeds once i get going they're great. but i spin the tires sooo easily in the snow when taking off. does anyone else have the same thing w/ these tires? any ideas on why i spin the tires with not much accel?

Hanr3 02-10-2008 07:45 PM

RE: anyone have BFG Long Trail tires?

I used to have 2 of them up front, they did alreight, however I replaced them with BFG All/Terrians before winter set in. The Long Trails are one step closer to a street tire then the BFg All/Terrains.

94blueknight 02-10-2008 07:55 PM

ya i wanted ATs but i just didnt have the money at the time and needed tires for winter seeing as my tires that were on my blazer were pretty much bald so i went w/ the LT. but after these tires i am goin w/ ATs for sure and upgrade to 31s

mdehoogh 02-10-2008 08:45 PM

i have the long trails. they do break free pretty easily, theres never snow here so idont have any experience in that area but i have noticed they arent as grippy as the michelins i had before

94blueknight 02-10-2008 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

i have the long trails. they do break free pretty easily, theres never snow here so idont have any experience in that area but i have noticed they arent as grippy as the michelins i had before
what about in the rain i've noticed i can break em free kinda easy in the rain too

ratical12001 02-10-2008 10:34 PM

i have been buying the liberaters they have at walmart. good cheap tire. and everytime i have ruined on. road hazard.warranty at all walmarts with tire center..

Jigg 02-11-2008 01:34 PM

Long Trails last forever (easily 70k miles), but they blow as far as traction goes. Anything but dry pavement, forget about it. Offroad... pick a spot and get stuck.

94blueknight 02-11-2008 01:47 PM

ya last yr in high school my sr yr i used to back in to park and would do burnouts out of my spot all the time lol and they still have a tremendous mount of tread on them. could i possible sipe them to get better tracktion?? or how much do u think i could get for them if i sold them and bought new ATs? (they have about 15-20K mi on them)

RCars2 02-11-2008 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Jigg

Long Trails last forever (easily 70k miles)
Unless they are in phoenix heat......

Personally i love the tires to death for any suv thats going to be sticking to the street as they ride really nice for the price. However you just cant use them in the arizona heat in the summer. For whatever reason they fail really fast. Its to the point that some discount tire stores around here will not sell them to you unless you absolutely want them. I can speak from experience on these too as i had them on my tahoe and they were great. But once i moved to AZ, the first summer (we came to az start of fall so they ran all year till about july) all 4 tires blew within 2 weeks of each other. On all four of them the plys separated. Pissed me off to no end too cuz those tires only had 40k on them, and my dad made me buy all 4 new tires to replace them.

94blueknight 02-11-2008 11:32 PM

lol wow guess these tires r only ment for avg drivers in avg climates lol nothin on either extreme does them well. cuz the tires r great as long as theres no snow/ice on the road. and ya they wear really slow lol