Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Best inexpensive AT tire? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/best-inexpensive-tire-31018/)

toaks1 05-27-2009 10:17 PM

Best inexpensive AT tire?

Ive got a 2000 jimmy, 4wd, about 117k.

My tires are pretty worn and its time to replace. I need an AT tire for winter snow and summer sand. I use my truck to launch a jetski on the beach a few times a week so I need something decent in the sand. Other than that I would like something decently queit since i do alot of highway driving with the jimmy.

Right not its got near bald mastercraft 235/75/15 AWT on it. I bought the truck last summer and these were already on it. I used these tires all last summer/winter with no problems or complaints at all. It just goes to show how kick ass blazers are that i can haul a trailer thu wet or dry sand with near bald tires without an issue!

I was thinking of going with some Mastercraft at/2's as replacements, I figure they will be alot better than whats on there. I can get a set installed for about $425. Good deal or no?

Also i saw a set of new goodyear wrangler radials for about $250 on ebay, seems like a good deal. The tread looks fairly agressive but im not sure about these.

I'm looking to stay in the $400 or less range, is there a better tire out there for the $$.

mikeinwi 05-27-2009 10:43 PM

check out tirerack.com theyll list all the tires avalible in your size and give reviews on each tire.

ABN31B 05-28-2009 01:07 AM

These are what I have
They look kind of girly on the site, but trust me, they look better in person. Deep meaty tread, agressive profile, and grip the **** out of sand and loose dirt. Cheap but have held up well. Used then to ice skate to Oregon from North Carolina during the worst winter in like 60 years or some crap as chains/studds are for "sissies" (Read as: "people with money and their own safety in mind").
BONUS I think you can get 'em at Firestone to save on s&h.

P.S. Everyone else on the forum: Dont judge me because I dont have general grabbers, deulers, or BFG A/Ts :( lol

or try

Originally Posted by okvortec (Post 218440)
I was just googlin' around today and I stumbled across this site that is selling 30X9.50R15 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, BRAND NEW, for $89 each!!! These tires will fit a stock 2W or 4W S10 Blazer without lifting at all!! Compared to everywhere else, that's a real good deal. Thought I'd let others know about my find!

Tire Link

PHATSPEED7x 05-30-2009 06:22 AM

If I learned anything tires are one of those items "you get what you pay for" Spend the little extra and get a good set. You'll thank me in the long run.

TripleBlackBlazer 05-30-2009 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by PHATSPEED7x (Post 221314)
If I learned anything tires are one of those items "you get what you pay for" Spend the little extra and get a good set. You'll thank me in the long run.

X2. Bought some regular Primewell street tires a long while ago and though they still have plenty of tread they have ZERO traction. They were the cheapest tire available and made in Sri Lanka.

I also got a set of FREE Goodyear Wrangler Radials. STILL weren't worth it.

$425 installed isn't a bad price. I just got four 225/60/16 BF Goodrich Traction T/A's off discounttiredirect.com for $330 shipped after $70 rebate and paid a local shop $10/tire to dismount old tires, mount and balance new tires. So $370 for everything. That site has some instant rebates and some mail in rebates running right now. Worth a shot to look into, plus they do price matching if you find a lower price.

ABN31B 05-30-2009 02:21 PM

^^^ Thats a sweet deal TripleBlack!