Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   BFG's or Bridstone Dueler A/T Revos? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/bfgs-bridstone-dueler-t-revos-7501/)

Macbass05 12-20-2006 02:45 AM

BFG's or Bridstone Dueler A/T Revos?

Which tire do any of you prefer? Both have excellent reviews, the Revos actually have a little better review according to tire rack. Just looking for some help, your opinions. Also anyone try the Cooper Discoverer ATR??

Macbass05 12-20-2006 09:09 PM

RE: BFG's or Bridstone Dueler A/T Revos?

Anyone???? I should mention that I'm comparing the BFG A/T KO's and the Dueler A/T Revos. Please help!!!!!

DetroitMuscle 12-21-2006 11:05 AM

I personally dont like bfg tires but I dont know anything about the deulers, try tirerack.com they have a comparison you can use.

Binz316 12-21-2006 11:20 AM

bridgestone tires are some of the best tires on the road, just be sure to rotate often or they'll cup on you

swdockter 12-21-2006 11:56 AM

Don't know much about BFG. I have Revo's on my Expedition and they have almost 80K on them. They need replacing and about 79K they starting making a little noise. I rotate about every 6-7K. I'm buying a new set of Revo's this morning as soon as I figure out the best size and load rating. They are on sale at a local Firestone dealer...buy 3 get one free so you save $120. Hope that helps on the Revo side.

By the way, the Revo is pretty aggressive but the road noise was not that bad at all. They are unbelievable ion snow. Had no issue with passing folks on the un-plowed side of the road :D. I hope they work out as well on the GMC Jimmy.

a_tack 12-21-2006 07:12 PM

see... i love my BFG's... I've never liked firestone/bridgestone, because I have mixed opinions... Had a buddy go throught 2 sets of duelers in 30,000 miles.. the tread started falling off of both sets! WTF!! but my dad ran the same tires for 60,000 miles with no problems...... so its just the luck of the draw with bridgestone and probably BFG too i know detroit muscle had alot of problems out of some BFG's.... just take cars of whatever you get... now I will tell you that the 2 sets of duelers that fell apart were taken care of... not spun or smoked or anything and rotated regularly. my dad also works with a few guys who have had the same problems, however they were all on silverados, all 265/75/16's...... i havent heard anything about the size for blazers.. maybe they are better?

swdockter 12-23-2006 10:05 PM

not sure Arron. I have my Revo's on the 97 Jimmy and I like them so far. I need upper and lower ball joints so I'm not running the truck much until I get that cared for. Of course it will take me some time to put 30K miles on for that review [&:]

The 235/75R15 Revo really looks nice on the stocker. Fills up the wheel well very nice. They are aggressive too...and again, not that loud. I got them cheap...otherwise, it would have been the General Grabber AT2s that you folks have given the thumbs up on. I have to be honest, I had a hard time finding the Generals...hell, never did find them in stock.

Xplorer 01-02-2007 05:26 PM

I have Revo's on my Dodge truck for approx. 20k miles. When rotated every 7k or so miles they wore even & were quiet. Wet,dry, & snow traction were great & I plan on putting them on my Blazer ( the BF Goodrich's are dry rotting pretty bad). The only bad thing I can say about the Revos were that they weren't the roundest tires around, couldn't road force balance them.

LunchBox 02-02-2007 07:17 PM

I've owned both...and I'll never buy another tire that isn't a BFG. Bridgestones are really nice, and the tread seems to never wear...that is until one day, you'll look at your tires, and all the tread just magically disappeared. My Bridgestones showed no wear for over 2 years, and in a matter of months, were down to nothing. BFG's, on the other hand...well, my current set has almost 50k miles on them and still sporting well over 1/4" of tread. Be warned, BFG's run true to size, so going up 1 size to a BFG is like going up 2 sizes in some other tires.

quinnman105 01-11-2008 10:19 AM

Best place to get information is tirerack.com