Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   black rims (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/black-rims-20392/)

fla_blazer4x4 05-03-2008 08:53 PM

black rims

how do the black soft 8 Craiger rock krawler rims look on a gold/pewter blazer? any pics thinking of getting these but not 100% sure i like that there cheap only 50 bucks but i kinda want to see what mud tires look at my stock rims

TripleBlackBlazer 05-03-2008 09:09 PM

RE: black rims

sky96744 has them black rock crawlers on his truck. You can see his profile here.

I thought the soft 8's had the holes in them? Are they 'rock crawler' rims too?

Zasder 05-03-2008 09:09 PM

Look at my gallery but its a black truck

Crager Soft 8's

I can comment on cheapness...I obught mine for 39.99 each! They aint cheap...balanced out perfectly when I got them, after offroading the 5th time I bent one rim but it balanced back out....wheels hold up agaisnt alot....and for 40 bucks, if you really do bend one badly...replacement wont be an issue!

WolfPack 05-03-2008 10:39 PM

Spend 40 bucks more for your set and get Pro Comp Rock Crawlers. Gotta love a warranty:D

blazinloud 05-07-2008 06:31 PM

same thing im going through right now.....just unsure on backspacing......

WolfPack 05-07-2008 06:36 PM

Go with the 4.5. It's about .25' shy of ZR2 stance, and it's pretty close to stock (havn't heard about blowing parts with 4.5), and it's small enough that stock sized tires will clear without rub (at least my Kumho 795 all-seasons did)

Edit: One more thought....if I were to get new rims, or do my rims again, I would get something a little more unique than the steel D rings or 8-holes...I just see 'em alot, and I like to stand out..But, you can't beat the price, and they definitely look great :D

nj4x4blaze 05-07-2008 07:28 PM

My pro comps were like 55.00 per rim, but now 4wheelparts.com has them onsale buy 3 get 1 free.

WolfPack 05-07-2008 11:10 PM

I did the same thing, and I got toasted. Ordered the 8-hole ones, buy 3 get 1 free, got a call after the promo ended that they were out of stock in the bolt pattern, so they suggested switching to the D rings...which I did, not thinking they were simply re-ordering...

Basically I lost the 1 free deal [&o]

Probably my fault though, as I didn't check up on it...eh..

nj4x4blaze 05-08-2008 06:40 AM

You should of called them back about that. Your original order was placed for the buy 3 get 1 free. They should have honored it since it wasn't your fault that they were out of stock. I called 4wheelparts last night and ordered some new tires. Had them price match another site and included free shipping. :D

blazinloud 05-08-2008 10:30 AM

I think the black with black wall tires looks sexy...Im heading down today to take a looksie, they want $90 each locally which seems fair.

whats the back spacing on yours?