Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   C5 Corvette Rims and Tire for 02 4 door Blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/c5-corvette-rims-tire-02-4-door-blazer-76206/)

GioMach 01-01-2013 09:35 PM

C5 Corvette Rims and Tire for 02 4 door Blazer

Good Evening.

I am new to this site and would like the advice of some of you pros on here. I Just got a great deal on craigs list on Rims for my 02 Blazer. They are from a 1999 C5 Corvette. The front rims are 245-45-17 and the rear are 275-40-18. I got them because they were such a good deal and I could not pass it up. They are in great condition. I do not have tires for it and I need some. I went to Tire Rack put in corvette 99 and those are the sizes recommended. My question is, would that fit the truck or would I have to do some type of adjustments like spacers. I am not that mechanicaly inclined so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Rumblur 01-02-2013 12:20 AM

tires are ridiculously expensive... and you're going to have to run a LOT of spacer to use those rims. Very risky IMHO.

GioMach 01-02-2013 06:44 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am not worried so much on the money. I just want to know if I need spacers which size do I need. I guess I would need to take it to a tire place. I just would like to be as informed as possible. Btw set of 4 tires are about 500 bucks. Not too bad to play.

rexmburns 01-02-2013 08:29 AM

Is your blazer 4wd? If so sell the rims now cause running different size tires will just lead to very bad things! The offset is whats going to kill you on the wheels. They will more than likely rub on the inside without some spacers. Not sure how much you need but I'd try searching around the net and see what others used to make vette rims fit!

WhiteBoy707 01-02-2013 08:32 AM

500 is really cheap for a new set.... but goodluck post pics after install would love to see how it sits on them

rexmburns 01-02-2013 09:07 AM

This might help you find some answers!!!

GioMach 01-02-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns (Post 559546)
This might help you find some answers!!!

Thanks man it really does help. In that thread there is a truck like mine with the rims. Looks like they used 2.25 spacers all the way around. Spacers sell for about $100 and change for four.

rexmburns 01-02-2013 03:14 PM

Glad you found what you needed!

Rumblur 01-03-2013 03:45 AM

In addition to the spacers, you're going to need to GOOD studs and nuts. Don't scrimp on studs or having them properly pressed in (if Blazers press in?). Your life will be depending on them, as they will be taxed to the max with that much distance between the nut seat and the hub. The spacers should be billet not cast as well, IMHO.

GioMach 01-03-2013 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rumblur (Post 559728)
In addition to the spacers, you're going to need to GOOD studs and nuts. Don't scrimp on studs or having them properly pressed in (if Blazers press in?). Your life will be depending on them, as they will be taxed to the max with that much distance between the nut seat and the hub. The spacers should be billet not cast as well, IMHO.

Again thank you..here are the two links for what Im prob gonna be going with..once im done ill put up some pics..Ill prob have it done in two weeks..im also getting the mesh polished insert for grille..clear turn signal lights..new tail lights..chrome tail pipe..and miami heat red, white and black tag, that I need today as my tag expires soon..lol.

Corvette C4 C5 Chrome Lug Nuts 17 18 Wheels Rims New | eBay

2 Pcs 5x4 75 to 5x4 75 2 75" Wheel Spacers Adapters Billet 5 Lug s 10 | eBay

:icon_eddie: