Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

confussed about offset

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road
Default confussed about offset

ok so im looking at rims for a 31 1050 15 but im not sure of the offset i need to get it not to rub on the fram when i turn and i want a wider stance. what are some offsets you guys have gone with?

Old 01-13-2012, 09:26 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

u could go with an 8" rim with a 3-4" offset. depends if u want a deeper wheel or just a wider stance. 3" offset would do both and a 4" would give u the stance and no rubbing with either if ur lifted a lil. stock ul rub no matter what with a 31.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Starting Member

its gunna get a 2 inch add a leaf and a tbar crank the rubbing im talking about is the frame when i turn full twist it rubs on the frame. i want a wider stance i dont care if they stick out i want them to see it and say im moving outa that blazers way!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:54 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Forget about offset and look at backspacing.

Do yourself and your Blazer a favor and stay as close to stock backspacing as you can; 4.5" on 2WD and 6" on 4WD.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:00 AM

offset....backspacing, same thing by a different name.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
offset....backspacing, same thing by a different name.
Not really. A +35mm offset 8" wide rim will have a different back spacing than a +35mm offset 7" wide rim. While they are related, they are hardly the same thing.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 AM

its also a 7" rim compared to an 8" rim so obviously different......lol but i get it, my bad.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Starting Member

now you guys got me really confuselled.......

Old 01-15-2012, 03:39 PM

go with a 8" wide rim with a 4" backspace and u should be fine. i ran a 7" wide wheel with a 3.5" backspace with a 31x10.5 tire and i was fine. is it lifted a lil? if not u may have issues no matter the spacing with a 31.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Starting Member
bowshooter1 is on a distinguished road

offset is completely different from backspacing. offset is the distance from the direct center of the wheel to the mounting surface of the wheel like a deep dish wheel. backspacing is from the back of the wheel to the mounting surface. a negative offset makes a wheel stick out further. the lower the backspacing the more the wheel sticks out.
here is my blazer with the stock wheel on the passenger side and my new wheels on the drivers side. the stock wheel is 6 inch backspacing im not sure on the offset, the new wheel is 3.5 inch backspacing -27mm offset.

Quick Reply: confussed about offset