Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   do CORVETTE wheels fit? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/do-corvette-wheels-fit-18848/)

rush1329 03-25-2008 12:15 PM

do CORVETTE wheels fit?

Just looking for some tech advice from people who always know the answer. I know the bolt pattern of the c5 vette and my 03 4x4 4dr blazer are the same at 5x4.75. do any of you know if the vette wheels would be strong enough to hold the extra weight of the blazer or if the backspacing would be a problem. the vette wheels are 9.5 and 10.5 in the front and back respectively. i don't have then or know exactly what i want to do, but i'm just seeing what my options are hypothetically. the bolt pattern is also the same as the 97-02 f/bodys. just another thought.
-thanks in advance for any and all of your help

TripleBlackBlazer 03-25-2008 12:32 PM

RE: do CORVETTE wheels fit?

Even when I was younger I saw a 1st Gen with the sawblade 'Vette wheels on it. The extra 1600 lbs that the Blazer has over the Vette is spread out over 4 wheels, roughly 400 lbs per wheel.

To answer your title, yes they fit. But you already knew that.

Backspacing shouldn't be a problem with 4x4. They are very close. I don't have an exact number for you.

As far as them holding the extra weight, all I can say is I've never heard of them not being able to. Not as definitive as you were probably hoping for, but it's a start. I know Psychropod is running Vette wheels, but his are replicas. I don't know if that would change its weight bearing abilities or not.

rush1329 03-25-2008 12:46 PM

i actually did some research on the vehicle weights, and if the numbers are correct, the c5 vette is 3100lbs and the blazer is 3700lbs, only 600 difference. it's nice to hear of other people doing it, cause it makes me a little more comfortable

Jharper 03-25-2008 06:54 PM

i looked into these and really want to do them, just need the money and new tires.

Hanr3 03-27-2008 09:24 PM

I want to see pics. :D

AJBert 03-27-2008 10:09 PM

Your biggest problem will be too much backspace on the vette wheels. Stock 4X4 blazer wheels bs is 6" and the vette and camaro wheels are just a bit over that. Spacers will do the trick but you may have to do a little bit of trimming. I've got a set of '99 vette wheels I'm looking to put on my ZR2, but I need to find another set of fronts (17X8.5). BS on these are just over 6" and I'll be putting a 33X12.5 equivalent on them. Keep in mind I'll be putting a 2" BL on before I mount these. More backspace probably means you will rub on the sway bar at the very least. Less means you will rub on the firewall and/or front fender. I'll try them first without the spacers. If the rubbing is too bad then I'll put the spacers on. These will be my "street" tires as I'll run something different for offroad.

thegr81 03-28-2008 04:07 AM

My buddy put vette wheels off a c5 vette on his s-10 with 1/4 inch spacers and that helped with the backspacing issue and as for the weight issue being able to hold up to the weight, he used to hop his s-10 a foot off the ground with those wheels and they never had a problem taking the abuse, so they will be fine on your blaze!!

rush1329 03-28-2008 08:25 AM

wow, sounds great everyone, thanks for the quick responses... come summer time when the semester is over and i can work full time, i'll hope to be putting those c5 Z06 wheels on and you guys will be the first to see the pics... thanks for all the info...

rriddle3 03-28-2008 10:57 AM

See the last two threads in the 'Related Threads' dialog box below.