Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Getting new Tires (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/getting-new-tires-66822/)

Esty 01-10-2012 09:50 PM

Getting new Tires

Lets start with Someone is giveing me tires for helping them out over the years
I have only one brand name to go with Firestone (good tire I think)
I am torn between the Firestone Destination MT / Firestone Destination AT

ok I dont realy do any off road I do thow alot of snow with the mountain house and all but I do more high way
there both great tires I think but the AT is more like your regular tire where your MT is a 6 ply Monster of a tire they weigh twice as much also and look really bad ass
Would the MT help or Hurt me the (gas Milage handeling I dont care about noise the raido can drown that out)
I have AT's on it now and I like them alot and the new 1's would be a new set to store till I needed them in like a year or 2
I have a 2000 ZR2 4.3 31x10.50R15

pettyfog 01-10-2012 10:01 PM

I have the Destination AT on mine.. about half the tread left and they are great.

I love the lack of road noise. I didnt buy a truck I bought a Bravada.

Guarantee the MT is going to cost you gas money. Making noise takes power.

tibby 01-10-2012 11:43 PM

Imo, mud terrains are useless unless you go off-road a bit. They don't justify extra gas money you have to spend if you do mostly street driving. A/T is the way to go in this situation. Plus they will do just fine in snow.

richphotos 01-10-2012 11:49 PM

I have the michelen LTX m/s and i love them, quiet and handle well in the snow/rain and dry pavement

lilmj95 01-10-2012 11:53 PM

what size are your tires im wanting to put 33 on my 95 jimmy with a 3in bl and i agree that the a/t is the way to go

richphotos 01-11-2012 06:53 AM

me personally I am running stock

lilmj95 01-11-2012 08:36 AM

yea i tried that my friends and i started getting tired of me getting suck decided to get the bigger tires. but it all dependes on what ur plans are for your truck as far as tires that is!!!

Longer02 01-11-2012 09:31 AM

Destination A/T for sure. I had them on my 2004 Trailblazer and they were awesome tires.

pettyfog 01-11-2012 09:40 AM

The downside is 'Only at Firestone'

I looked em up when we got the Bravadiva and there were good prices available. Seems like everytime someone talks em up, the price hikes a little and there are NO deals!
Of course that doesnt matter to Esty, he's covered!

Esty 01-11-2012 08:28 PM

Lol@pettyfog
Thanks everyone for your input you all did what I was hopeing youz would do talk my out of the MT and keep with the AT my problem was they are free and I didnt care but they would cost me in the long run
Yea I told my friend and they are ordered like I said there spare set and he was able to get them i may not have another chance on this so I jumped on it
Thanks again everyone