Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Goodrich radial T/A (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/goodrich-radial-t-4109/)

Canadian88 06-25-2006 10:27 PM

Goodrich radial T/A

Hey everybody. I am going to be getting some new tires in the fall sometime. I was looking on tire rack, and i saw these bf goodrich tires. ( BFGoodrich Radial T/A ). Anybody have any experience with these? i know bfgoodrich's are good tires, and i liked what i saw in the reviews on the site. The reason i like these is because they look like the stock tires, which i like. I don't want them to be any taller, because i like the ride hight, or wider for gas mileage, or narrower for stability. I need something better than the stockers because they don't do **** in the snow, and i have a 2wd. Btw, does anyone know what T/A means? Thanks.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed your link.

swartlkk 06-25-2006 10:39 PM

RE: Goodrich radial T/A

Don't know about how the truck will handle with the BFGs, but I know what I'll be putting on probably before next winter if I have the money:
Dunlop Radial Rover A/T

I had them on my '97 Ram and they were whisper quiet and did really well in the mud and snow. I'm stepping up to a 75 series tire to get the load rated ones but I've been wanting to upsize my tires anyway. They are also available in 235/75R15.

*EDIT* - But after looking at the factory load ratings... I might just stick with them in the 235/70R15 as they are rated at 102S (102 = 1874lbs/tire & S speed rating) while the 235/75R15XL tire is rated at 108S (108 = 2205lbs/tire & S speed rating). Then there is a special on the 235/75R15 tire right now with a 105S rating (105 = 2039lbs/tire) for $69each... The others were $80 each.

ceanern 06-25-2006 10:54 PM

I'm a fan of cooper cobra GT's Hold the road really good and not bad in snow. But I also have a 4x4 but your gonna pay a bit more for em. it is all personal prefrence

cherryred4x4 06-25-2006 11:31 PM

those dunlop radial rover A/Ts are great on blazers too, I had two sets up until the most recent ones, which are the dunlop rover RVXT, little more aggressive tread. The Radial Rover A/T's did great in snow and mud, I rarely had to put it into 4wd unless the mud got real deep. Very quiet as Kyle said, and they last for a long time, my dad has them on his 2500 and the old suburban. great tires, and very affordable

swartlkk 06-25-2006 11:37 PM

How's the tread life on the RVXTs? I really don't have a need for that agressive of a tread. One thing that makes the A/Ts last is that they have a solid center rib which in my experience makes tires last quite a bit longer in the heavier vehicles.

hdlogistics 06-26-2006 10:04 AM

I had the BF Goodrich T/A's on my pick-up & they handled the Canadian winter without any problems....

Canadian88 06-26-2006 05:50 PM

Yeah, i've been looking into those also, but i read some poor reviews of them. They do have better snow traction though..hmmmm. You guys only have good things to say about them. I'm torn. I like the look of the goodrich tires better, but i like the snow traction of the dunlops better. Whew, this is a real thinker. oh well, i have till fall to choose. thanks guys. Thanks swart for fixing the link

cherryred4x4 06-26-2006 11:00 PM

the rain traction with the RVXT's is excellent, just like the rover A/T's, maybe a tiny bit better. They are definitely noisier than the rover A/T's, but not excessive, very quiet for that kind of all-terrain, much quieter than my roomates yokohama geolanders. So far I am getting very good treadwear with about 4000 miles so far on them, still have all the strings from the mold.

The best way I have found to search for tires is to go to tirerack.com and read the reviews for the tire you are insterested, but only the reviews from the same vehicle, in our case Blazers, handling, noise, and ride will vary with vehicle.

swartlkk 06-26-2006 11:09 PM

Reason why I asked about the RVXTs is because my dad needs some meatier tires for on his 2005 Silverado 2500HD and I think he would benefit more having the more agressive tread, but he has always had quite bad tread wear with them. Now he does USE his truck and uses it A LOT!!! He beats the crap out of his vehicles on the farm. I really want him to try out the A/Ts if for nothing else than to see if he really needs the really aggressive tread patterns. Cause I think he would be very pleasantly surprised.

For me, I think I'm going with the 75 series A/Ts before this winter. I'll keep an eye on them to see if they go on sale at all before then.

Canadian88 06-27-2006 01:20 AM

Yeah, i think i'm gonna end up going with the rovers too. 70's though, i like the ride height and look. The snow traction ratings are good too. Tire rack has a 50 dollar rebate for buying those meats now, they have it on most dunlops. thanks guys, btw, what does t/a mean?