Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Granite Alloy GA9 wrapped with Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/granite-alloy-ga9-wrapped-goodyear-wrangler-duratracs-54168/)

Creed187 01-16-2011 07:42 PM

Granite Alloy GA9 wrapped with Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

As the title says, I bought a set of Granite Alloy GA9 wheels, 15x8 (-19mm offset)in the front and 15x10 (-44mm offset) in the rear. All wheels are wrapped with 31x10.5 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, (which are awesome tires fyi). Front tires rub BAD with a 2" body lift. Can only turn the wheel 3/4 of a turn. I was predicting that they were going to rub on the bottom corner of the back of the wheel well. And they do very badly. So Im going to get to hackin n' whackin sometime this week. Ill post pics of that too. You can see the pics in my profile.

And if anybody needs wheels and/or tires, I can strap you up.

mdehoogh 01-18-2011 04:35 PM

Wheels look awesome! Any reason you got wider for the back? Doesn't look too bad with the front track slightly wider and it would be easier to rotate if they were all the same size.

Good luck with your fender trimming. I was nervous cutting into mine

Creed187 01-19-2011 03:04 AM

Thanks for the compliment, I love these wheels. And yes there is a reason why I chose wider for the rear. The reason being the increase in wheel width also increases offset in the negative direction. Another way of saying this is that there is less back spacing. This makes the wheels more proportional from front to rear in regards of protrusion from the wheel wells. When I had the stock powder coated wheels on with the 31x10.5x15 tires, the front protruded out past the wheel well while the rears were still tucked in. It didn't look good at all. If I had an option to put a 15x10 wheel on the front with a different offset/more back spacing to equal out the protrusions, I definitely would have done so. 10.5" tires on 15x8 wheels really robs the actual size of the tire. So the rear wheels 15x10 actual allow the 10.5" tire to be wider and taller.

As far as rotating, that is of no concern. I own and operate an Automotive and Motorcycle business. Easy as 1-2-3

old skool luvr 01-20-2011 08:47 PM

those are a nice lookin' wheel.

but i'm not a fan of wheels that stick out past the fenders. it's not that i don't like getting my truck dirty (my truck is usually brown in the Summer) i just couldn't stand having a DD that would constantly throw anything & everything all over the sides of the truck.

but they defiantely look sweet. time for some flares now.

mdehoogh 01-20-2011 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 400116)
those are a nice lookin' wheel.

but i'm not a fan of wheels that stick out past the fenders. it's not that i don't like getting my truck dirty (my truck is usually brown in the Summer) i just couldn't stand having a DD that would constantly throw anything & everything all over the sides of the truck.

but they defiantely look sweet. time for some flares now.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've only had my 2wd wheels on for about a month now and it's gotten way dirtier because of them. What normally splashes on to the rocker panel is now being splashed half-way up my windows

Creed187 01-21-2011 09:53 PM

You Guys Sound Like Little Girls!! Haha...just kidding. I know what you mean but that doesnt bother me. What I hate is cleaning out the chunks of mud, dirt, clay, ect. from the under carriage. That takes 3 times longer than washing the body panels.

I plan on adding fender flares. The only problem is that Bushwacker wants $100 per flare, which is ridiculous. And people have told me that ZR2 flares are a pain to install on a regular blazer. I'll figure something out one of these days when I actual care. I work on customer vehicles ALL DAY and sometimes ALL NIGHT, so my Blazer gets neglected most of the time.

Cut the rears of the front wheel wells. Looks good, but still have to weld sheet metal to cover what I chopped.

supermutt73 01-21-2011 10:19 PM

Dude, search Google for "flexi-flares". They're alot cheaper, you can cut them yourself to have a "custom" look and like it says, they're flexible. No worries about rubbing or cracking. Just a thought, rig looks sweet by the way!!! Have a good one!

Creed187 01-22-2011 07:22 PM

supermutt73,

Thanks for the compliment bro and the heads up on the flares. I googled them, they dont look bad.

old skool luvr 01-22-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Creed187 (Post 400531)
I plan on adding fender flares. The only problem is that Bushwacker wants $100 per flare, which is ridiculous.

no, the only problem is...............Bushwacker doesn't sell the flares anymore.

Creed187 01-31-2011 10:36 PM

old skool luvr,

Thats what I like to here my man! Theres no easy way out now!

Sooo...whenever I feel motivated enough to work on my own truck. I will fabricate some metal flares for the old beast. And by that I mean cutting off the original rolled portion of the fenders and fabricating gigantic ones out of sheet metal. Oh yea...let the hackn n whackn begin! lol