Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Hubcentric 5x4.75 to 5x5.5 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/hubcentric-5x4-75-5x5-5-a-98604/)

Doubledown 01-13-2019 08:37 PM

Hubcentric 5x4.75 to 5x5.5

Another one here on wheel adapters, but I just can't seem to find them. I impulse purchased a set from ebay but quickly realized they were not hubcentric. I am now looking for a set to go from the blazer's 5x4.75 to 5x5.5 of the dodge wheels I just picked up with some nice 31s.

I want the thinnest possible which seems to be 1", but I cannot find hubcentric versions. Help finding these would be appreciated if someone has a line on them.. preferably not way expensive ;)

Are these hubcentric with a ID for the stock wheel hub size (correct me if I am wrong but it should be 70.3 for 2000 Jimmy 4x4 4 door slt?) and than an OD for the new wheels, which I am not sure on my ramcharger 84" yet. I will look for that if I need to.
Not sure I will find them at all if I need to have hub size for both the jimmy and the dodge wheels. These wheels almost look like they could use either / or mag style lug centeric lug nuts that pass through the wheel's lug hole or acorn style.. So I am thinking maybe I could find the 5x4.75 to 5x5.5 adapters with the ID for the jimmy hubcentric mount and maybe use mag style lugcentric bolts if I cant find the spacer with the OD hub size for the wheels. Thoughts?
Thanks

Tom A 01-14-2019 12:06 PM

You can have custom ones made by wheeladapter.com. They aren't cheap, though.

Generally, you want to get them at least 1-1/4" thick so you don't need to trim your studs.

Doubledown 01-15-2019 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 701397)
You can have custom ones made by wheeladapter.com. They aren't cheap, though.

Generally, you want to get them at least 1-1/4" thick so you don't need to trim your studs.

I saw that site :) was really hoping it would be a more popular swap and not have to spend anywhere near those prices. I am not partial to my rims at all they were just part of the package deal with the tires I picked up.
It was easy enough to find the, I won't even call them lugcentric, non-hubcentric spacers for the bolt patterns on ebay, just can't find any that are hubcentric, not even with the wrong diameters that I need which I find odd.
Anyway, thanks for that.. I hadn't thought about the thickness until I put the 1.25 ones I have on there now wondering if the wheel would clear the studs so that makes sense.

Doubledown 01-16-2019 05:27 PM

Wheel /Tire Predicament 4" Lift 31s

Help me out with some wheel information please.. Current situation is that I have done the 2" body lift and decided I was going to go with 31x10.5s (Side note that I didn't see a warning about is the lift/bumper reltocation brankets are not for use with the factory installed tow package, so I will be selling the OEM tow package if interested. I found a good deal on some 98% tread, set of 5 matching 31x10.5s on some 1984 ram charger turbine wheels. I already bought 4.75 to 5.5 wheel adapters when I ordered the body lift thinking I could swap on my Jeeps 33s, though that unfortunately was before reading about the "need" for hubcentric adapters. Well I have since found that hubcentrics are not made readily in the bolt pattern and hub bores I need. I can spend $320 for a set of 4 custom made wheel adapters, I can pay to have the tires dismounted from the dodge rims and put onto the factory ones, I could have them dismounted and put on some new aftermarkets.

So that brings me to a few questions to help me to decide.

The 2000 4 door 4x4 Jimmy hub bore is 70.3" correct?

I see people running wagon wheels, which I like, though I have not found any with the correct 70.3 bore. Are people running this just on the lugs? Are they finding hub centric rings? What should be done to use these?

In the end I think if I am paying to have these taken off and mounted/balanced again I would like to get some procomp 51 wagon wheels and just run those so I don't ever need spacers, but worry about them not being hubcentric sized for the blazer.
If going lug centric only are 60 degree or 45 degree nuts the best for centering and clamping force or is there really no difference? Figured there would be a better centering or surface area benefit between the 2.
Steer me correct.

Doubledown 01-18-2019 09:13 PM

Anyone have insight into the need or lack there of, of hub rings for lug centric aftermarkets on these blazers? Or anything else?

nomoresubies 01-19-2019 01:56 PM

Check out this link for some useful insight...

https://www.carid.com/articles/custo...01-course.html