Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Looking for some new rims, stock tires though (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/looking-some-new-rims-stock-tires-though-16548/)

rastaskater 01-22-2008 10:23 PM

Looking for some new rims, stock tires though

Title says it all. I just bought new tires. I have stock rims on my chevy blazer 95 4dr 4x4. I know there fifeteen's so will any old fifeteen inch rim fit? Thanks

WolfPack 01-22-2008 10:29 PM

RE: Looking for some new rims, stock tires though

Anytime you buy a rim you have to match your vehicles bolt patter, and if you wish to maintain stock ride/stability, you need to match the stock backspacing. Also there are different width for rims, gotta find the one that matches your tire the best.

It all depends on how you want your ride to handle and look.

rastaskater 01-22-2008 10:36 PM

Well. I mean, what would change on the handling/ride? Im really more into it for looks. My car is black, so i preferably want a black rim. What sizes should i look into? (i've been looking on summitracing.com)

WolfPack 01-22-2008 10:47 PM

Well I don't know what kinda of blazer youre driving, but if youve got a 4x4, the backspacing is pretty high at 6'. The new rims I just got are 4.5 inches of backspacing. Gives the vehicle a wider stance, and a bit more stability through turns. 2wd blazers have less backspacing, I can't recall if it's 4' or 2'..I'm thinking 4 though.

15x7 is stock, 15x8 gives you some freedom for a wider tire, and so wider rims keep the trend going. Also youre looking at a pretty big increase/decrease in weight based on the rim you pick. Remember youre adjusting the weight at each corner, which can impact ride pretty impressively.

Try using the Search feature up top, you can find all the info you need on your rims.

try checking out Synergy Offroad (another member here Jigg runs it, its a pretty great site for anything blazer), 4 Wheel Parts has some good stuff, also Crager makes some lower cost stuff, but I'm not quite sure where to get those.

rastaskater 01-22-2008 10:52 PM

so pretty much rim thats a 15X7/8 would fit, it just rides different right? Yeah i have the four wheel drive.

mdehoogh 01-22-2008 10:58 PM

15x7 or 15x8 would fit. main problem is that most rims dont have enough backspacing. less backspacing will push the wheels further out like wolfpack said. the main problem with wider wheels, especially with larger-than-stock tires, is that it can create rubbing issues between the fenders and tires... since you stated you had new tires (assuming stock size) it shouldnt bea real big issue...

most RWD 5-lug GM cars have wheels with the same bolt pattern as us

WolfPack 01-22-2008 10:59 PM

No no no...Theres more than just diameter and width. Backspacing and bolt pattern. If you get a nice looking 15x7 off a cherokee, it's not gunna fit on your blazer.

You need a rim with 5x4.75 bolt pattern, and the correct amount of backspacing to suit your taste. If you like the wide stance of a ZR2, go with a smaller backspacing like 4-4.5. If you like stock look, find a rim with 6' of backspacing.

rastaskater 01-22-2008 11:01 PM

thats exactly what i wanted to know

WolfPack 01-22-2008 11:03 PM

Haha yea..I was trying to get you to use the search feature..it'll save you alot of trouble in the future if you learn to use it now..but I guess you can learn later[8D]

rastaskater 01-22-2008 11:03 PM

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

I want to see what my car would look like with these on. Anyone these?

I dont really like the design....any better sites you guys would reccomend?