Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   New Tires (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/new-tires-15128/)

Jharper 12-08-2007 02:33 PM

New Tires

Im looking at new tires. what are a decent tire for my blazer, i have the stock 15 inch rims, and i want ALL-Terain tires or Mud Tires. i was thinking BFGoodriches. what kind should i get and whats a good price?

blznlowxtreme 12-08-2007 02:47 PM

RE: New Tires

you pay a little more for BFG's but you wont be dissappointed. i loved mine. i also like the dunlop padial rover a/t, the BFG's were more agressive of the two though, they both last a long time. not sure on the price now but if you look through some of the other post on here you should find some prices

Jharper 12-08-2007 02:56 PM

the cheapest i could find was 120 a tire, and thats at discounttire.com

blznlowxtreme 12-08-2007 03:00 PM

that soundsabout right.
*edit*- they are cheaper here, dont know if this is the size you need, they have more sizes

YepIOwnA97Blazer 12-08-2007 03:52 PM

general grabber at2's are almost identical to BFG's.. but $45 less per tire.

the 255/70/R15's are like $85/tire... basically they are 30x10.5's I've heard...

Jharper 12-08-2007 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: blznlowxtreme

that soundsabout right.
*edit*- they are cheaper here, dont know if this is the size you need, they have more sizes
im getting them at discount tire because they install it right then and there and then you dont have to pay shipping and handleing.

Tippman7641 12-08-2007 07:34 PM

i post a quote for alt bfg tires in the tire quote forum, it run u up i think to about 500, for good tires(4 tires)

lennyblazer 12-08-2007 08:16 PM

I got 235/75 R15 BFG AT'a about a month and a half ago maybe 2 months. I have not been let down. They handled great on the 8 inches of unplowed city street wet slushy snow. I even pulled a stuck car out in that deep of stuff. I have been very pleased and they show no wear after 1,000 miles. I am expecting them to last about 50,000 miles hopefully. I paid $550 including WI sales tax, installation, old tire recycling, road hazard, free lifetime flat repair, free lifetime rotations. They were on sale at the time but I can't remember what the sale amount was.

I was between the BFG AT's and the Toyo Open Country AT's (same sizes each) I went with the more agressive looking and handling tire plus the one that was made in the USA not China or Japan. My dad has the Toyo AT's on his suburban and they preform well in snow and rain and dry. They are quieter than the BFG's though, it might be the size difference but I am guessing it is the agressiveness of the tread that contibutes to the louder road noise on the BFG's. They sound the same as my worn out highway allseason tires so I don't really care.

Jharper 12-08-2007 09:10 PM

i dont really care about sound, i have a system thats always up so you cant hear road noise anyways, but im going with the BFG ATs because of the aggressive look.

Idriveachevy 12-09-2007 11:20 AM

Im trying to save up some money for them, when you make less than 150 a week, its hard. not to mention fuel prices and other stuff i have to pay for.