Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   New tires (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/new-tires-89477/)

deejayyy 04-07-2015 11:54 AM

New tires

Hey
I recently purchased a set of brand new velocity rims with some tires. I threw them on and found out that my tires are slightly too big. The tires I got with my 15 inch velocity rims are 235/75-15. The tires rub, but only when I turn uphill/downhill, brake too hard, and hit a bump too hard. The rubbing is only on the two front tires. The rubbing sound, feels harsh and I would like to alleviate that sound as soon as I can. Does anybody have any suggestions to get rid of the rubbing? I'm open for suggestions.

lazyboyjake 04-07-2015 10:48 PM

4x4 or 2WD?

deejayyy 04-07-2015 11:30 PM

4x4 and 4 door if that matters

newguy 04-08-2015 04:20 AM

sometimes its just a bolt causing the problem. Backside of the fenderwell, one bolt down low, remove it. If not some trimming may be needed if you dont want to lift it

swartlkk 04-08-2015 06:37 AM

Given that the tire size you stated is a factory option size for the 4wd trucks, the rims are at fault in that they do not have the proper back spacing (~6") for your truck. Without the back spacing, the rims are pushed out wider and will travel a much larger arch while turning causing them to interfere with the fender/firewall. If this is the case, your options are to either trim/cut or beat the offending area away from the tire if you want to keep the rims.

deejayyy 04-08-2015 11:01 AM

How would I get the proper back spacing?

lazyboyjake 04-08-2015 11:46 AM

It depends on what the backspacing is currently.

Jamaroon 04-08-2015 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by deejayyy (Post 647548)

By using different wheels.

swartlkk 04-10-2015 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by deejayyy (Post 647548)

THIS:

Originally Posted by Jamaroon (Post 647551)
By using different wheels.

Back spacing is the distance from the WMS (wheel mounting surface) to the inside or back edge of the rim. Your rims do not have enough back spacing. If they had too much you could just use spacers to bring it back close to factory, but you cannot change the back spacing on alloy rims when you have too little.

deejayyy 04-14-2015 02:36 AM

I fixed the rubbing by taking a bolt off of my front wheel wells. The lower bolt was the culprit and I have had no issues ever since. Just in case, I beat the lower area and I've had no problem. Also, I forgot to add this in my original post, I had to use wheel adapters because the wheels were too small for my vehicles stock bolts. I don't know much about tires, wheels, backspacing, etc. at all, but I believe that my wheel adapters pushed out my front tires by a small amount. It obviously wasn't enough because the lower bolts on my wheel wells were interfering with my tires. Thank you for your help.