Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   People with wheel spacers (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/people-wheel-spacers-17700/)

Blazin_Jason 02-23-2008 07:48 PM

People with wheel spacers

Hey just curious if you guys are loctiting or never seizing on the nuts that hold the wheel spacers to the axle/hubs?

edit: What I mean by spacers are the ones that are like 1.25"-2.5" wide.

Tippman7641 02-23-2008 07:56 PM

RE: People with wheel spacers

if there stock wheels YOU CANT HAVE SPACERS, for both safthey amd mechanical reasons

Zasder 02-23-2008 08:58 PM

My buddy who I work with, put them on his blazer...

They snapped off on the highway, taking a turn.

Be carefull with them. some have had problems, some havent...Im pretty sure a few users on here have them with no problems.

mdehoogh 02-23-2008 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

if there stock wheels YOU CANT HAVE SPACERS, for both safthey amd mechanical reasons

elaborate...

Tippman7641 02-23-2008 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Zasder

My buddy who I work with, put them on his blazer...

They snapped off on the highway, taking a turn.

Be carefull with them. some have had problems, some havent...Im pretty sure a few users on here have them with no problems.

is this good enough example, we cant leaggley put them on at my work, i cant even put them on my own truck near teh shop

willjones 02-24-2008 11:54 AM

This topic has been argued to death. People are always going to believe what they have heard I had them on my old truck for 2 and 1/2 years. Wheeling it hard, towing a boat, and putting 63,000 miles on it. Never one problem. But then there are people that claim tohave a wheel fall off after 2 weeks. But who knows if everything was torqued correctly and then retourqed after some miles.

Blazin_Jason 02-24-2008 12:01 PM

Sorry Will were you making a statement, or do you have them? I have a pair of 1.25" that I am going to put on the rear of my jimmy. I think I am just going to do what I normally do. A little bit of never seize, torque them properly, and then check them periodically.

willjones 02-24-2008 12:51 PM

I had them on my old truck. And I also bought them for my Blazer. I am going to put them on after I finish with everything else. I think that your plan is right on track.

drperry 02-24-2008 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

Ummm... yes you can, and it's totally safe, so long as you torque them properly, and check them every oil change, you're safe...

Just make sure they're hub + lug centric... or at least hub centric.

Hanr3 02-24-2008 10:40 PM

Just fuel for thought.

GM designed the hub bearings to handle a specific balanced load. When you change the wheel/tire offset, you change the load on the bearings, you also change the Akerman angle, and the forces pushed up through your ball joints. Not too mention the extra effrot your power steering pump is exerting.

This of it this way, is it easier to carry a case of your favorite beverage next to your body or with your arms extended out in front of you?