Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   pre-order rim question (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/pre-order-rim-question-18501/)

yukonmedic 03-18-2008 04:24 PM

pre-order rim question

hey guys
i'm just about to order up a set of American Racing 767's for my '05 Jimmy ZR2. i know from a few searches that 6" bs is stock, and less can cause some premature wear.

has anyone run a zr2 blazer/jimmy with 4" bs? any problems occur?

i'd like to know what i'm getting into before ordering them up. i think they'll look good on my truck, but 4" bs is the highest they offer. i'd rather not have to start replacing parts due to excessive wear.

thanks!

a_tack 03-18-2008 11:34 PM

RE: pre-order rim question

you may have to trim with 4" BS rims, even with stock tires and ZR2 Suspension... PM Jigg.... he can probably answer this.. I believe his ZR2 has rims that are not stock BS. But his is lifted..

yukonmedic 03-19-2008 01:28 AM

thanks a_tack

i pm'd him a little bit ago about getting some parts from synergy shipped up here to canada and haven't heard back yet...i'll give it a few days and try again.

blazinloud 03-19-2008 05:48 PM

Ya?! post back if he is willing to ship up here.

I'll eventually have a few hundred bucks for him :)

yukonmedic 03-19-2008 05:59 PM

i will for sure...i've already got my shopping list ready:

AAL's
pa 2" body lift
moog upper and lower ball joints
monroe air shocks
rear diff cover
180 degree thermo.
hidden winch mount

quite a few bucks to spend there, lol...i wanted to pick up those custom lift shackles off him, but i couldn't sit here and look at the sagging rear-end any longer, i broke down and ordered a set of daystars from truckcandy.com yesterday...

WolfPack 03-19-2008 07:59 PM

Shoulda gone with 3 leaf fab shackles :D

Just got mine in the mail today!!

Edit: I keep forgetting about the whole 'Canada' thing...not sure how shipping is with 3 leaf fab

Hanr3 03-19-2008 08:19 PM

YukonMedic,
Are you planning a puter upgrade?

If not, I would not get the 180 degree stat.
The puter expects the engine to run at optimum operating temp and it will do everything in its power to achieve that goal. That includes riching up the A/F mixture, sure it will bump performance, however the negative effects are a plugged cat,fried tranny, and bad gas mileage.

yukonmedic 03-20-2008 12:20 AM

hanr3 - thanks for the info! i was thinking about doing a pcm upgrade from either pcm4less or wait4me, i'll be sure to hold off on the 180 thermo. i never even thought about what it might affect.

wolfpack - we do tend to get forgotten up here in canuck-land, especially when it comes to truck parts. i just ordered an ep29 flasher relay for my new led tail's, and was told it will be here in 2-3 weeks, and that was from napa! :( you guys could probly pick one up at pepboys in about 20min, lol

Hanr3 03-20-2008 05:53 PM

and mail it to you so you had it in less then a week. :D

AJBert 03-23-2008 09:25 PM

I ran some rims with about 4.5" bs on my ZR2 and only rubbed on the driver's side flarelette, only noticable when in reverse while turning. As long as you are keeping the stock size tires you should be ok with possibly a minor amount of trimming.

Oh, and Jigg is running stock backspacing on the rims he's using, just not the stock tires.