Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

problem finding rims?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:11 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

my brother is running a 225/35/ZR18 on a set of one-off Niche 18x7's on his '83 Dime.

all of that tucked under a 3" spindle & a 3" coil. back has been blocked and de-arched to match.

wheels/tires clear the fenders no problem, but the front tires rub the inner wells a little on big dips. more than likely due to what looks like a squashed cab mount.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I ended up deciding on the MB Old School's and no I don't want to do that big of a drop I just want to do enough to give it a muscle car look.

Old 04-16-2010, 05:13 PM

Well I just got the rims in about 30 minutes ago but the tires won't be here until Monday I'll be sure to post some pics when I get them mounted.
I was wondering the rims came with spline lug nuts, are they very safe in terms of defer thief's or should I do something else?

Old 04-16-2010, 06:04 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-16-2010, 08:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Well I just got the rims in about 30 minutes ago but the tires won't be here until Monday I'll be sure to post some pics when I get them mounted.
I was wondering the rims came with spline lug nuts, are they very safe in terms of defer thief's or should I do something else?

buy some of the tuner lock nuts to go with your new tuner nuts (that's what those "spline nuts" are called).

just remember, if somebody wants your new hoops bad enough, they'll find a way. but a set of lock nuts would help alot.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:49 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lock nuts will detur most people away. Unless your in a major city. I remember my uncle talking about when spinners first got big in Nashville. He'd see a suv with them, went into the grocery store, come out 15 minutes later and the SUVs sittin on the rotars! True thief can break lock nuts, but your typical thug with a 4 way, won't be able to get them off.

Plus just be aware of where you are parking your vehicle and things like that. Most people that have thier car broke into leave it where it shouldn't or leave thier valuables laying in the seats just begging for attention.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
buy some of the tuner lock nuts to go with your new tuner nuts (that's what those "spline nuts" are called).

just remember, if somebody wants your new hoops bad enough, they'll find a way. but a set of lock nuts would help alot.
So you think I should run lock nuts and spline nuts?

Old 04-16-2010, 11:36 PM
BF Guru

So you think I should run lock nuts and spline nuts?
if the rims came with the tuner style lug nuts, then thats what will fit.

you can't get a regular styled lug nut to fit on the FWD/Import styled wheel, which is what i'm guessing you bought, since they came with the tuner (spline) style nuts.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
BF Guru

well those definately aren't a FWD/Import wheel. don't know why they set you tuner styled nuts, since those are only used when there ins't enough room to get a traditional lug nut/socket in the hole.

nice wheel btw, they're gonna look nice on your truck. be sure to post a pic when you get them mounted & on your truck.

Quick Reply: problem finding rims?