Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Serious problem!!!!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/serious-problem-37958/)

Boyer2011 12-12-2009 11:04 AM

Serious problem!!!!!

Hey guys. so i got a problem with my tires and i got no clue what to do. it all started last week when my tires became really loud while driving. so as a natural reaction i rotated them. ive only had my blazer about a year and didnt think about rotating them on a regular basis. so i rotated them and it didnt help. so i thought well they probable need balanced then. so i got them balanced and still they are horribly loud. like me and my girlfrend can barely have a conversation while driving. so i dont know whats wrong. can i get some advice??

rriddle3 12-12-2009 03:41 PM

All four tires don't just suddenly become louder. Does the noise remain the same at all speeds or does it change? I would look into the possibility of wheel bearings being bad. What exactly are you driving?

Boyer2011 12-12-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 274744)
All four tires don't just suddenly become louder. Does the noise remain the same at all speeds or does it change? I would look into the possibility of wheel bearings being bad. What exactly are you driving?

they are quiet like normal until about 45 mph. a buddy of mine has 35 inhc MTs on his dodge and theyre not nearly as loud as my 31s. my tires are 31x10.50 Goodyear Wrangler RT/S. im driving a 2000 ZR2

nj4x4blaze 12-12-2009 04:37 PM

Rotate your tires and see if the noise goes away, if not could be a bad hub bearing. When I had a bad hub bearing, it was quiet till it reached speeds over 45mph.

Boyer2011 12-12-2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze (Post 274764)
Rotate your tires and see if the noise goes away, if not could be a bad hub bearing. When I had a bad hub bearing, it was quiet till it reached speeds over 45mph.

i already rotated them once. so your saying to rotate them agian? would i have to balance them again? or once they are balanced will they be ok no matter which position (ex. front right, front left...etc.) they are at?

okvortec 12-12-2009 06:19 PM

You won't have to balance them if you just did.

MuddBunny84 12-12-2009 06:26 PM

what kind of loud noise?..i know bad bearings have an almost dry rubbing noise just replaced the one's on the front tires of my 03 i just sold..or simply take it to a mechanic..(one you can TRUST) ask that they take it for a spin and see what they say..

old skool luvr 12-12-2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 274744)

while a bad bearing was my first thought, i'm also wondering where is the noise coming from-front or back? try putting the rear of your truck up on some really good jack stands & block the front tires (in front of, and behind them), put it in drive and run it up to the speeds where you usually hear the noise.

if the noise is there then it's not your tires (obviously), it'd be the bearings in the diff. if the noise is NOT there, then look @ your front hubs.

i've run some noisy tires before, but they never "suddenly" started to howl, unless you've had some belts break & shift. how much weight was needed for balancing? if it was excessive, then i'd start by looking @ that tire & go from there.

Boyer2011 12-12-2009 09:39 PM

well me and my brother (who is going to school for mechanics) took a more in depth look at it today and its not good :( upper and lower ball joints on driver and passenger side. and a ball bearing on passenger side. look like we get to have a fixin party next weekend :) lol

old skool luvr 12-12-2009 09:47 PM

didn't think it was your tires. 'cause if it was, your tire guy should find a new line of work-broken cords/belts would've show up so easily when they were re-balanced.

glad to hear you found a solution to your problem. good thing thisproblem came up, 'cause you never want to have a bj fail on you while going down the road-or playin' in the bush!

GL next weekend.