Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Some thoughts (Tire suggestions) (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/some-thoughts-tire-suggestions-78995/)

CoffeeAddict 05-01-2013 03:24 PM

Some thoughts (Tire suggestions)

Alright so I'm going to be ordering some new tires soon for the blazer. I need to do some work first but once that it done its going to be needed. I'm trying to figure out what tires would be best. I don't really go off roading much but would like to have the option. Cost is also going to be a huge factor in this as well. I figured that since I'm going to end up spending about 500ish on regular tires might as well get some that will work both sides of it.

I've been looking at
General Grabber AT 2
And these
Firestone Destination A/T

I'm really not sure as I've very very rarely ended up buying new tires for a vehicle. Any suggestions on other tires? or another website that I could consider? Only thing is going to have to keep cost down as much as possible.

I also want to note that going to do a T-bar crank and also 1-2" shackle lift as well before buying the new tires.

bigred01 05-01-2013 03:35 PM

i have mastercraft mud terrains, thier 3 years old have lots of tread left. it was driven on the highway a lot with these tires, carlisle and back (bout 2 hr drive) i drove it a lot on pavement till recent ( purchased t top trans am and it sits) i know the guy who had it before he drove back and forth from work on the highway with. highly recomended

bigred01 05-01-2013 03:35 PM

thier 31s

00chevblazer 05-01-2013 04:12 PM

x2 on the mastercraft. but you can tell you have mud terrain tires when your doin 65 :D

CoffeeAddict 05-01-2013 05:19 PM

Do you guys have a link for these tires? I'm not opposed to going up to 31's but if its going to end up where I have to do some trimming I would prefer not to. I'm also not seeing them on the tirerack website.

Diaita 05-01-2013 06:20 PM

I like the look of the Generals...should be decent all-round traction. No experience with either though... $.02

00chevblazer 05-01-2013 10:01 PM

i got two used off a buddy i went to school with for $150 for a pair then purchased 2 brand new from a local tire shop for $185 per tire mounted and balanced.

4X4GS10B 05-01-2013 10:48 PM

Goodyear Wranglers from Walmart, real good on road,not to bad offroad as long as you don't go crazy,there not mud tires. On my 4th Set on my three blazers..

CoffeeAddict 05-02-2013 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 4X4GS10B (Post 582252)
Goodyear Wranglers from Walmart, real good on road,not to bad offroad as long as you don't go crazy,there not mud tires. On my 4th Set on my three blazers..

Right now its got the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires on it. I'm going to try and find something a little bigger. If they make a bigger version just might go with it.

Edit: I like the Wranglers 31X10.5X15 on the website (walmart) but they are way more expensive than the ones I posted.

50lb_cat 05-02-2013 12:29 PM

www.tirerack.com, has tons of reviews , everything you want to know before buying tires.