Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   spacer question. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/spacer-question-9885/)

SkylineGTSt 04-05-2007 04:58 PM

spacer question.

so i noticed that the back wheels on my 96 blazer are in 1.5" per side compared to the front. (64"tread to tread in the front, 61" in the rear) and they stick in the fender wells by about... 3" i want spacers... as for tires i have some General Grabber AT2 LT 235/75/15 tires on there now (just got them, truck shop said i couldnt go bigger without a lift or wider wheels... im a dumbass and believed them)...i would like the front tires to stick out a bit (the tread is about an inch in from the fender) and the back wheels to match. what spacers should I run front and back? like if i went 2" spacer in the front... what could i go in the back? will i rub, any cons to running the spacers?

SkylineGTSt 04-06-2007 04:54 PM

RE: spacer question.

anybody?

mudsliner 04-06-2007 07:51 PM

i got 2 inch n front and rear. and the front stick inch from th fender and the back stick out mabey a 1/2 inch so i would go with 2 up front and 2.5 or 3

SkylineGTSt 04-08-2007 04:13 AM

so if i went 3" in the rear.. it would still be ok.. wouldnt cause any issues or anything?
i was thinking a 2" front and 3" rear setup...
just want to make sure im not gonna screw anything up

mudsliner 04-08-2007 04:20 PM

beside it gonna where ur wheel barings out faster casue ur puttin the rim out farther. but other then thast no. and in the front it goin where ur ball joint and thing like that out faster is what i was told.

Hanr3 04-08-2007 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mudsliner

beside it gonna where ur wheel barings out faster casue ur puttin the rim out farther. but other then thast no. and in the front it goin where ur ball joint and thing like that out faster is what i was told.
That would be correct. You are changing the loads placed on all the parts by moving the wheels further out. It will wear out parts faster. How much faster will depend on how you drive.

SkylineGTSt 04-08-2007 05:16 PM

ok... well its getting new ball joints in the front on tuesday anyways.. so..
now how much wear are we talking...
considering i drive mostly highway and city... and i dont beat on the truck...
as for offroading ill be out like 3 times this summer.. thats about it.. no time for it.. with 2 kids and all...

SkylineGTSt 04-11-2007 12:30 AM

ok... so another option i have been looking at... its getting those rock crawler style wheels... i love the look of them...
now i know the back spacing onmy blazer wheels is 6.something inches (the exact same as the Z51/Z52 corvette wheels - almost bought a set) so if I went with a rock crawler wheel in say... 15x8, with 0 offset (4" backspacing) i would achieve the same as getting a 2.5" spacer... correct?
and i assume this would still cause more wear and tear just like the spacers would...

swartlkk 04-11-2007 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: SkylineGTSt

*snip* so if I went with a rock crawler wheel in say... 15x8, with 0 offset (4" backspacing) i would achieve the same as getting a 2.5" spacer... correct?
and i assume this would still cause more wear and tear just like the spacers would...
With 4" of back spacing and a 2" spacer, you will actually be hurting yourself. You would end up with 2" of back spacing. You cannot add back spacing with spacers, only remove it.

Hanr3 04-11-2007 12:50 AM

I thought he meant running 4" of backspacing instead of running 6" backspaced wheels with a 2.5" spacer. One would push the wheel out 2" and the other 2.5" respectively.

If what I typed is true.

Yep, same effect.
Don't let it bother you too much. Sure the wear and tear will be greater, but not sicnificantly. Like your bearings wont fry in 20,000 miles.
I didnt realize there were so many wheels for the Vettes. I may have to see if I can find a set I like for my '00. [sm=pimp.gif]