Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Is there a lift on my truck ? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/there-lift-my-truck-95413/)

Tynan Tha Real Dill 09-30-2017 12:32 PM

Is there a lift on my truck ?

1 Attachment(s)
My mudding tires on my truck are going bald. I bought the truck with these wheels on it so I don't know if there is a lift on this truck or not but I'm pretty sure it does. Judging by the look of the picture, about how high is this lift ? The tire size on all 4 tires are 31x10.5 R15.

​​​​​​​Ok another thing, I want to eventually buy big swamp mud tires, what is the biggest size (H&W) that will fit my truck ? Without them rubbing the side panel when I turn.

Tynan Tha Real Dill 09-30-2017 12:41 PM

I found a guy selling some mud tires. Size is 32×11.5 R15, which is basically an inch bigger all around except the rim size. Think these will work without any problems with alignment or steering ?

blazen_red_4x4 09-30-2017 04:57 PM

definitely has some sort of lift, but can't tell if it's body or suspension from that angle

can you take a photo from the front down low, maybe showing some of the front suspension?

El_Beautor 10-05-2017 12:47 PM

From the picture it looks like it might have a body lift to me. It looks like there is a gap in the rear fender well between the body and the frame. Look at the body-mounts and see if there are hard plastic spacers?

Tynan Tha Real Dill 10-05-2017 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor (Post 680834)
From the picture it looks like it might have a body lift to me. It looks like there is a gap in the rear fender well between the body and the frame. Look at the body-mounts and see if there are hard plastic spacers?

I just found those yesterday, there on the front mounts too.

blazen_red_4x4 10-05-2017 01:19 PM

That was my first thought too but I wasn't sure. Seems like there would be more frame showing under the center.

Tynan Tha Real Dill 10-06-2017 11:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
There's also 2 spacers in the front...not sure of the size but I'll get back to u on that.

El_Beautor 10-06-2017 07:45 PM

Definitely a body lift. The reason you can't see the frame very much is the nerf bars.

chevyriders 10-06-2017 07:58 PM

Looks to me like there is a body lift and small suspension lift. The tubular upper control arms look like something that would come with a 2.5" torsion bar lift to correct suspension geometry.

Tynan Tha Real Dill 10-06-2017 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by chevyriders (Post 680915)
Looks to me like there is a body lift and small suspension lift. The tubular upper control arms look like something that would come with a 2.5" torsion bar lift to correct suspension geometry.

OK with that been said, right now and in the pic, the tire size is 31x11.5xr15. What is the biggest size (H&W) tire I can put on without any problems?