Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Tire Chains (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/tire-chains-54354/)

jbsnowboarder16 01-19-2011 11:31 PM

Tire Chains

So I looked around on hear a little bite, and couldn't find anything really. Our 2 Gen Manuals say that tire chains should not be used, but what about these new low profile chains, or even the cable chains? Was wondering if anyone had a set or had experience running with them?

I snowboard a lot and having a pair in case would be nice, plus I'm thinking about heading up to New England to do some riding and was looking and a lot of states up there want you to have them just in case

old skool luvr 01-20-2011 01:44 AM

unless there is a super amount of ice on the roads, they're kinda unnecessary today, IMO.

while modern ice/snow tires can still be slippery on ice roads, i can still stop in a very reasonable distance with the Firestone Winterforce tires on my Blazer.

and i proved that time & time again today. we went from +3* with light rain/wet snow yesterday, to dropping 20* overnight.

kinda fun. but not when the other idiot does it coming down the road.

jbsnowboarder16 01-20-2011 09:48 AM

Agreed that it can be fun, but I know some places you are required to have them so I was wondering more if anyone has run them. But with that said

Slide away my friend:icon_wink:

old skool luvr 01-20-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by jbsnowboarder16 (Post 399868)
Agreed that it can be fun, but I know some places you are required to have them so I was wondering more if anyone has run them. But with that said

Slide away my friend:icon_wink:

wonder where they're required by law? :icon_shrug:

up here, Quebec is the only Province (that i know of) that Winter tires are required (by law) from November to March i think. might be 'til April.

and i don't slide (much). i drive over/around what ever i can. :icon_razz:

jbsnowboarder16 01-20-2011 11:31 PM

Out west there are many places that require them you have them with you and then times when you have to put them on and at some points if you don't have them int he vehicle, they will fine you. Up in New England they recommend them according to the state code in some states according to what I was reading

blazinloud 01-21-2011 04:19 PM

why not just get studded tires?

old skool luvr 01-21-2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by jbsnowboarder16 (Post 400172)
Out west there are many places that require them you have them with you and then times when you have to put them on and at some points if you don't have them int he vehicle, they will fine you. Up in New England they recommend them according to the state code in some states according to what I was reading

interesting.............

Originally Posted by blazinloud (Post 400424)
why not just get studded tires?

most States/Provinces had those outlawed a long time ago. but that's changing.

jbsnowboarder16 01-22-2011 04:18 PM

I dont want to get studded tires because that annoying clicking when your driving and there is no snow on the road. The Tire Chains are for the bad times when skiing and they'd be helpful. I'm just wondering if anyone has run them, but it seems not.