Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   tire pressure (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/tire-pressure-5343/)

geekdagr8 09-06-2006 08:07 PM

tire pressure

what tire pressure should i be runnin in my tires.....i have 30x9.50 bfg's....runnin them on a 2000 chevy blazer 4dr 4x4

geekdagr8 09-06-2006 09:00 PM

RE: tire pressure

one more thing...when i had them mounted and balanced...they only put 30 psi in them...just wondering if that is what i should be runnin them at....max pressure is 50psi in the tires

Hanr3 09-08-2006 01:26 AM

I have the same set-up and run 42psi.

The best way to find the proper psi is simple, yet confusing to explain.
Spread chalk all over the tire and drive forward. If you leave a complete tire print all the way across the tread, you have proper psi. If the center is missing, your underinflated. If the sides are missign your over inflated.

Another method is to drive through a water puddle and look at the water print. Same as above.

And yet another method is to see if you can slide a credit card under the edge of the tire, however that wont tell you if your underinflated.

What I run is not tested, but it is what I prefer. If anything it might be a touch overinflated.

MyCoal 09-08-2006 03:19 AM

Tire pressure depends on what you use your car/truck for, for basic day to day driving in a 00 blazer anywhere between 30-50 is ok. Never inflate higher then the tire is rated for. With lower pressure you will get a smoother ride and less gas milage, higher will get you a rougher ride but better milage. Also if you plan on off-roading thats another story, you will want the pressure low i know some people who run 10-15 psi. but you will have to up the pressure before you drve on the road again or you run the risk of destroying your tires. One last note if you live anywhere near a Discount Tire Co. go there there the best tire shop around today with the best prices and have plenty of free services.(although im kinda biased because i work there)

DetroitMuscle 09-08-2006 09:32 AM

38-44 PSI is fine.

tommyd 09-08-2006 04:22 PM

I put 35psi in my BFG mud terrains. I will try the trick hanr3 posted above though. I just want to get the most tread wear out of my tires. When off roading I am usually running 8psi in my tires when I'm at the dunes and about 10 in the mud. Never had a problem breaking the bead or anything. And where I go there is only about 2 miles of road driving to get to the gas station air pump.

Also I agree with mycoal, discount tire is sweet way cheaper than any online tire/wheel place and they do way more for you. And I don't even work there.

geekdagr8 09-08-2006 08:48 PM

thanks for the input guys....im gettin terrible gas mileage....maybe i will raise my air pressure to about 4opsi and see what happens...maybe i can get a extra mile or 2 doing that...lol :)

Tony Mantelli 09-09-2006 10:46 PM

i work for good year and they say to look at the sticker inside the door but that is for the reccomended tire size with those tires i would stay around 40. 42 is ok no more than 44 with that truck

MyCoal 09-09-2006 11:03 PM

Yes always look at the card on the door if you have stock size tires, if you have plus size tires its different we have a chart at work that can figure it out if you want to be on the dot if not i prefer 35-40