Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   tire shopping..... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/tire-shopping-91818/)

don james 02-05-2016 02:14 PM

tire shopping.....

I am tire shopping.......235 75 15.........

My tire shop showed me a set of kendal klever a/t's........at $528 out the door.......

I looked at a few reviews and they were all good............I am going to continue my search....but i seem to really like the looks of these tires and the stats on them look really good too........

Has anyone here tried them???

In my research I found that these kenda tires may be a "cooper made tire" at it's Ohio plant...........that makes me like them even more....

correction.........kendra teamed with cooper in 06, [there about].........then they broke negotiations.......kendra is a chinese company making tires in Nam, china, and ?????????......no where near the U.S.............

I don't know if anyone here really cares about that....but just in case............\

don james 02-07-2016 10:52 PM

I'm down to three:

kendal klever.........most rubber.......I like them but they are made in china ....528.00 out the door

trail guide......milestar......made in USA buy cooper [I think, maybe??].......they are a pretty tough tire......I have a set on my siverado....446.00 out the door.......

cooper discoveror at3.......also USA.......587.00........

I wouldn't mind thoughts or opinions......if anyone has a mind to give one ;-)

lazyboyjake 02-08-2016 10:48 AM

I had the discoverer at3 on my blazer before it was totaled and I was beyond pleased with them. With a 2wd I got through mud, snow, ice. Very dependable.

don james 02-08-2016 01:11 PM

thx for the review Jake......I will do a little more research.......there are a few more that i need to see......

for a little over a 100 bucks the coopers are winning so far for me..........the "made in USA" means a lot to me.....so i am going to try my best to get american made......

I think cooper may make a lot of tires under different names????........I'll look into that.....

don james 02-11-2016 04:06 PM

It seems that a lot of reviews are giving the cooper discoverer at3 a bad rap for uneven and premature tire wear......but i am getting very leary of these reviews.........

I say this only in confusion......I almost decided on a multi mile wild country...... i bought a set of them for my silverado a few years back, they were pretty good tires......they are stamped made in USA.........now the same name tire is made in china.........:icon_really:

I decided well...........to hell with trying to find a bargain tire, i'm going to go with the new bfg ko ........they really looked nice on video..........when i started reading the reviews, about 40% said the the tire wasn't worth a crap and 60% said that it was the best tire ever made......The extreme reviews are confusing :icon_nut:

I did look at a couple of the china tires...one was a codavan trail guide .........i liked the tread design ...........but when i flexed the sidewall there was not much there........and even less on the korean tire next to it......

I'm at the point now that, I think I'll wait for a sale and go with anything that is made by a USA Based company.......I just haven't had to buy tires since this world wide explosion I guess...

Well rant is over.........I hope everyone else has a better time than i am "shopping for tires"

CWBDDSPC 02-11-2016 05:19 PM

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-...5-tires-91320/

My tire experiences can be found in that thread. I'm glad Jake had good luck with the at3's... I cannot say I did...

don james 02-11-2016 06:15 PM

I've bin studying on the cooper at3 lt.........about the only complaints were fast wear.........but two people said that they swapped every oil change and got 50 to 70k out of them????? I have a couple of dealers that sell cooper only a mile apart......if i can get them into a bid war......I'll probably take a chance on the at3's

I'll check the firestone's...........in the meantime...

don james 02-19-2016 11:34 AM

I went with cooper at3 xl [extra load?]..........there were three at3's to choose from .....the xl was the middle choice.........I think the weight and sidewall is the difference.....and a few bucks....

I'll put some miles on them..........and see what happens......