Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Tires? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/tires-18547/)

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-19-2008 10:02 PM

Tires?

I realize this question has been asked, I have 235/70r 15 on right now would i be able to fit this on them?
Shortened Link to some tire

I like these cuz there cheap an i hear they are a good tire, an i have access to a tire mounting machine in shop class so i can put them on myself. Save some money. Stock suspension, 2" rear shackles soon + t-bar crank.

I apologize for the repeated question.

WolfPack 03-19-2008 10:34 PM

RE: Tires?

Well..if you think $90 a tire is cheap...pay a few more dollars and get a nicer tire. General Grabber AT2 $99/tire in 30x9.5 at www.treadepot.com

And yes 30x9.5s fit just fine.

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-20-2008 07:30 PM

I will not have to change rims or anything?

lennyblazer 03-20-2008 07:43 PM

they should fit fine, also you won't have to change rims since they are not much wider than stock and they are the same rim size as stock. So you should be good. Also if you think $90 is cheap a tire, remember you will have to have them mounted and balanced (i.e. paying a shop some money). I would check some local tire shops and maybe find a better tire (like the general grabbers).

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-20-2008 07:47 PM

Ive looked at those as well. I am taking a mechanics class an i have acess to a tire mounting machine( dont know what there called) an a lift, also we got a balancing machine as well. So ill be able to just buy the tires an put them on my self.

Hanr3 03-20-2008 09:43 PM

Google tire ratings and pick the government site. They do a good job explaining tires.

General info.
Any 15" tire will fit any 15" rim. 16" tires fit on 16" rims. NEVER put a 16.5" tire on a 16" rim. It will fit until you fil it with air, then it will explode as it comes flying off. I always stand behind teh safety bars when inflating tires. I had a wheel burrow tire explode on me once. The bead belt broke and the force of air blew my eye glasses and hat off my face and my face was 3 feet away from the tire.Scared teh crap out of me, and made me very gun shy the rest of the week. Every time a tire would seat on teh bead I was flinching and in some cases jumpn, and that was a little whele burrow tire.

General rule of thumb is you can go up to a 4"-4.5" wider tire then your rim width. Stock S10 rims are 7" wide, that means you can go up to a 11"-11.5" wide tire.

All tie manufactuures have recommended rim widths for thier tires. Look it up.

tjwiens91@hotmail.co 03-20-2008 10:03 PM

thanks for the info!! Everyone seems to be telling me not to get the dominater tire, are they bad? My neighbor has them on his pickup, seems like they can go through alot, went through a pretty big mud hole with them.