Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   vette rims (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/vette-rims-8054/)

justblazin 01-15-2007 09:09 PM

vette rims

I want to put z06 rims 18's rear & 17's front on my 89 blazer I was told to get a 4X4 rearend andspacers for the front. Is that accurate.

moved to correct section - hillbilly

Psychropod 06-14-2007 02:46 PM

RE: vette rims

I'm pretty sure it is. My Blazer hasZ06 rims all around, I DO have 4x4, I DON'T have spacers, so I can't put on the front left cap, because the front axle sticks out a little. However, the wheel still fits and looks good, so I haven't bothered to get the spacers. Plus, I heard they're illegal in MD. Don't know about your state.

By the way, it looks TIGHT! I do plan to have pix in my profile soon, folks...

TripleBlackBlazer 06-14-2007 03:08 PM

Don't know if you have 4WD or not, but you can't run different size rims if you do. The best you could do (if you have 4WD) is make sure the 17" tire with rim is the same height as the 18" tire with rim - otherwise your 4 wheel will bind. If you have 2WD, different sizes won't matter.

Have you tried the search function? It might take some hunting but you can usually find what you need because someone, somewhere along the line has had the same question. Give it a try :D.

eslhockey92g 06-14-2007 05:31 PM

hey psyshropod, you got a picture of that. I was looking to get some vette wheels but i havent seen any blazer with them and photoshop isnt doing it for me

rabbit0102030 06-21-2007 10:25 PM

Vette wheels sound sweet man! I think lastcoupe just aquired some chrome z28's I bet those will look killer on his truck. So when do we get to see these pics Pshycropod?

blznlowxtreme 07-06-2007 03:42 PM

i wanted thesame thing except i was going 18's and 19's. and you will have to have spacers. i was told you could put them all the way around instead of swappin rear ends.

Psychropod 08-06-2007 02:43 PM

I'll be posting pix of the wheels on my truck soon. Meantime, here's what the wheel looks like before it's mounted: Bones Enterprises

I've been having trouble downloading pix from this stupid camera phone. As soon as I've fixed the problem, I'll add pix to my profile.

cochran07 08-06-2007 10:27 PM

im having the same issue right now.. from what ive researhed you need atleast a 2.5" spacer all around but 3" is better aka wont rub as much... im going to try that and see.. i have a set of black C5 wheels i got for $350.. yes $350 for wheels and TIRES.. dont ask how i got that deal lol.. but im working the same thing you are if i get a solution quickly ill let you know:)

Psychropod 09-02-2007 12:41 PM

$350?!? NO WAY! And they're not damaged? You did luck out.

If you find the spacers, please reply with your recommendation on what to get. Thanks!

Raph