Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Walmart Exclusive: Goodyear Wrangler Authoritys (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/walmart-exclusive-goodyear-wrangler-authoritys-52825/)

cochran07 12-15-2010 11:03 PM

Walmart Exclusive: Goodyear Wrangler Authoritys

Yes I have searched.. Not much to be found. Has anyone ran these 31" tires? Ive read good and bad reviews on different websites. But at around 130 bucks a pop it might be worth it to check it out. Unless I get back some bad reviews from you guys on here I might try these out soon. I have to talk to walmart though because I hear they will only mount tires thats sized for your vehicle. Any input would be great and Im sure theres a few of you wondering the same things.

mdehoogh 12-15-2010 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by cochran07 (Post 387738)
Yes I have searched.. Not much to be found. Has anyone ran these 31" tires? Ive read good and bad reviews on different websites. But at around 130 bucks a pop it might be worth it to check it out. Unless I get back some bad reviews from you guys on here I might try these out soon. I have to talk to walmart though because I hear they will only mount tires thats sized for your vehicle. Any input would be great and Im sure theres a few of you wondering the same things.

Yeah, there's very little info about them anywhere. I found several reviews on other forums but they were generally very low mileage reviews. Not much in the way of long-term reviews. Here's a thread I started https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/goodyear-wrangler-authority-50806/, didn't get much input thought but there are a couple people on here who have them (I know of Sisk and Blazinator)

From the searching I had done on them, the majority of the 'bad' reviews were in the 16" sizes. I don't remember finding any bad/poor reviews of the 31" (which I think is also the only one that has the snowflake/mountain rating).

One of the Walmarts here said they have a waiver that releases them from liability when mounting non-stock sizes.

Also, if you have discounttire nearby, they will match prices of online stores. The methods seem to vary by stores, one store here will match the price of the tire+shipping and another store doesn't tack on the shipping charge. It can work out pretty well considering tirerack.com and treadepot.com have some pretty low prices

Let us know how you like them if you end up buying them. They were one of my top choices due to price but I ended up scoring a great deal on craigslist for some different tires.

cochran07 12-16-2010 07:11 AM

No discount tire. In fact I have to go two towns over for a walmart with an auto center. If that tells you anything. I think I'm going to give em a shot soley because of the price. If they end up being a good tire trust me... y'all will know about it. And if they end up being junk I will hopefully get my money back!

Rottidog 12-16-2010 08:36 PM

if they're junk let us know as well please lol

cochran07 12-16-2010 09:18 PM

Yeah will do. Gotta get the Jimmy running right first. I think my fuel pressure regulator is bad so thats first on the list!

Rottidog 12-17-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by cochran07 (Post 388031)
Yeah will do. Gotta get the Jimmy running right first. I think my fuel pressure regulator is bad so thats first on the list!

yup, tires wont be much good just sitting there lol

cochran07 01-08-2011 04:39 AM

Well me getting new tires will be postponed even longer. It'll probably be 6 months or longer b4 I get a new set as some other major issues has come up and the Jimmy still isn't running right.

old skool luvr 01-09-2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by cochran07 (Post 387738)
I have to talk to walmart though because I hear they will only mount tires thats sized for your vehicle.

Originally Posted by mdehoogh (Post 387744)
One of the Walmarts here said they have a waiver that releases them from liability when mounting non-stock sizes.

really? the WalMarts around me have never mentioned any issues with installing the tires i selected. mind you, it's been about 4 years since i last bought tires through WalMart.

as for how well they work.........there's a guy running these on a '97 or '98 Silverado 1500 4WD around town. seems pretty impressed with them all year round. had them on his truck last Winter with no issues (and no weight in the box), and said they tore up the trails/mud he played on.

i think his were 285/75/R16's.

Originally Posted by cochran07 (Post 394736)
Well me getting new tires will be postponed even longer. It'll probably be 6 months or longer b4 I get a new set as some other major issues has come up and the Jimmy still isn't running right.

that sucks! hopefully when you're running better, and in a position to get tires, you can find another great deal.

GL with the repairs.

cochran07 01-09-2011 05:46 PM

Yeah the wonderful GM CPI woes. Whoever designed these things needs a swift kick in the testicles. And I still plan on running these. Can't beat the deal really. I just had to get my own apartment and move out of where I was living with the exs friends (huge mistake) so first is a new fuel spider then I am going to rebuild the front end and get er all aligned and new shocks THEN tires. So maybe by summer time Ill be rolling on em but who knows at this point.

old skool luvr 01-09-2011 11:18 PM

you can check HERE for your injector woes.