Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Wheel Spacer help (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/wheel-spacer-help-80614/)

JasonB503 07-23-2013 12:11 PM

Wheel Spacer help

I've read a few threads about these but I'm confused about all the measurements involved. I'm looking to space the rear wheels out so they're as wide as the front, no wider. I don't know what to search to find the right spacers or how wide I need them.

I have a 99 LS 4 door 4x4 with stock rims. Can someone list everything I need to search or jut post a link? Thanks

El_Beautor 07-23-2013 12:20 PM

Most people find that 1.25" or 1.5" are just about perfect. Make sure that the spacer is both hub centric (has the indent for the hub lip) and wheel centric (has the lip to go inside the rim). Once you get them installed, you'll also need to take your wheels off and check the lug nuts on the spacers after 50 miles or so. From there, just check them every time you rotate your tires.

JasonB503 07-23-2013 12:26 PM

Is that 1.25" on each side? How much wider is the front than back?

JasonB503 07-23-2013 01:02 PM

I think I want 1/2" on each side, but I can't seem to find them. When I search, does 1" spacer mean 1" total? Like .5" each side, or is it 1" each side for 2" added width total?

El_Beautor 07-23-2013 01:27 PM

I used 1.25" spacers on each side, and it was extremely close to exact with the front. Many other people have used 1.5" spacers on each side to match up with the front and have found it to be close to perfectly aligned with the front. If you want to get an exact width match you'll need to measure the front from mounting surface to mounting surface, measure the back the same way, and split the difference to get your exact spacer width.

The problem with a 1/2" spacer is it's too shallow to have it's own lug nuts, and too deep to be a spacer between the factory lug nuts and the wheel. I'm not even sure that a 1" spacer could be used without trimming the tips off the factory lug nuts. You might be able to find a 1" spacer, but I have my doubts. Most spacer manufacturers don't want to make you modify your factory lug nuts because it gets into liability issues there.

JasonB503 07-23-2013 02:15 PM

Thanks man

El_Beautor 07-23-2013 03:47 PM

No worries. Glad to share some help and experience.

TonyZR2 12-11-2013 12:41 PM

Are there any other noted problems at all (besides the need to retorque and check torque at tire rotations) when adding spacers??

Somebody mentioned vibration (umm not good). I'd like my rear tires to match the spacing on the front....so 1.5" I guess. I just need to be aware of anything else I should know. Like, is Kal Tire going to refuse to work on my ZR2 if I have any?

2002 ZR2 with 31x10.5Rx15's. 99% city/hwy driving.