Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Wheel Spacers? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/wheel-spacers-80427/)

maverick_4x4 07-14-2013 07:24 PM

Wheel Spacers?

I have a 98 4d 4x4 and I love it but it has always kinda bugged me when I look at it cause it just seems like the wheels are sucked under the the body so far. I would like to add some width to the axles and I have seen these aluminum wheel spacers for about 50 buck a pair. They will supposedly push my wheels out about 2.5 inches. I am really tempted to get them but my question is, Is there any down side to using spacers? what kind of problems am I prone to have if I use them?

Blazn1 07-14-2013 10:51 PM

have some spacers I don't need if you want to buy them.

grizzstang 07-15-2013 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by maverick_4x4 (Post 592508)
I have a 98 4d 4x4 and I love it but it has always kinda bugged me when I look at it cause it just seems like the wheels are sucked under the the body so far. I would like to add some width to the axles and I have seen these aluminum wheel spacers for about 50 buck a pair. They will supposedly push my wheels out about 2.5 inches. I am really tempted to get them but my question is, Is there any down side to using spacers? what kind of problems am I prone to have if I use them?

Cheap spacers can break, crack and shear wheel studs off. There is also added stress to your wheel bearings and front end parts as you push the wheels out. You would be better off with new wheels but some guys do run spacers.

rexmburns 07-15-2013 10:35 AM

Moved to: Tires and Wheels

With the money you are going to spend on quality spacers you may as well pick up some new wheels with a little less BS. Then you get pretty new wheels and the wider stance you are looking for.

Diaita 07-15-2013 12:28 PM

I agree, most aftermarket wheels that will fit our trucks have an offset that will push the tires out about 2". Old Camaro wheels work very well too, and can be really cheap.

nunya 07-15-2013 07:33 PM

That or a set of factory 2 wheel drive wheels help get rid of the fat guy with tiny feet look

cleburne red 07-15-2013 07:37 PM

You might consider just spacers on the rear, also. On the 4x4s, the front axle is wider than the back. Might help the look by evening them up.

TStoddard 02-14-2014 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blazn1 (Post 592531)
have some spacers I don't need if you want to buy them.

I just saw your post in the forum. Did you end up selling the wheel spacers?

Steve-o 02-14-2014 08:57 PM

I have 1.25 inch spacers just on my rear, makes everything look nice now. picked up a set of 4 spacers from a local yard sale for $25 that a guy ran on his s10 pickup

Neb15 02-15-2014 12:03 AM

Ive bean looking at the spacers online too because the rear stance I wanted to even out. I have found a few pairs that had a center ring to make them hub centric. for say 1-1.5" on the rear is this something i should worry about?