Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Would it work? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/would-work-7587/)

1996BZR 12-25-2006 10:17 PM

Would it work?

So...I just got some American Racing AR-136 15X8 wheels for christmas today. My question is: Would my 205/75 15 tires fit on a 15X8 wheel? I'm thinkin they will but I always like to get a second opinion. But either way I'm gonna take it to a tire place to put them on. Jus askin for some opinions. And if you want to see what they look like, click here - American Racing AR-136

*EDIT: swartlkk* - fixed long link

swartlkk 12-25-2006 11:01 PM

RE: Would it work?

They should work as your 205's are 8.08" wide at the tread, but a 235 or wider tire would look better on them.

PM me if you want a short how to on posting hidden links.

1996BZR 12-25-2006 11:12 PM

205's are only going to be on until money is saved up for upgrades.

1996BZR 06-02-2007 10:25 PM

ok so this thread has been dead for a long time but i decided to revive it since it has relevance to my question. yea and I know I've been gone forever...it's surprising how fast time flies when you work and go to school and plan for all the colleges and SAT's and stuff.
So to get back on topic.
I previously thought I should get 235/70 or 75's all around. now I'm thinking of maybe getting something wider but not much taller than the stock tires. I was thinkin about 255/60. With my calculations, this is almost exactly the same height as my 205/75's. Now, here's my problem...I do have a 2wd. When I turn the wheels to full lock the tires are almost an inch from the inner fender closest to the door.Everywhere else has a good 2 inches or so. So these 255's will be about 2 inches wider than the stockers, meaning one inch wider on each side. What do y'all think? I really don't hear anything about tire fitment on 2wd's. If the 255/60's won't fit, what size should I use? Open to all suggestions. Maybe I could go with slightly wider than stock on the front but 255/70 or something on back...but would that look right??? Thanks for all responses. Hopefully no one fell asleep trying to read all of this!

ps I leave for a month or two and the bravada is gone? what happened?

lastcoupe 06-02-2007 11:07 PM

A 255/60/15 would look great on your truck imo, that's what size tire is on the front of my Caprice on a 15x8 ralley wheel. If you're not sure about it rubbing...i'd suggest this, buy 2 of them and mount them on the front to see if there are any rubbing issues, they should fit fine, but that will let you know before you commit to them. If they rub, you can always put the 2 you bought on the rear, and then buy a 235/60/15 for the front. If they don't rub, you can leave them and buy 2 more, or go with a 275/60/15 on the rear for a nice raked look, that's what is on the Caprice also.

EDIT.....Kyle JUST traded the Bravada and his Bonneville in on that sweet Buick Rainier.

1996BZR 06-03-2007 11:57 PM

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I believe that's what I shall do. And, you know I think 275/60 would be agreat idea if the 255's work on the front...Thanks a lot for the great ideas!!