Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Website Problems and Suggestions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/)
-   -   Can't use search function (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/cant-use-search-function-88358/)

cavecookie 12-30-2014 08:46 PM

Can't use search function

Hey, people, I have a problem. I haven't been on this forum for a while, and there is now a strip of ads down the right side of my screen. Not that that bothers me, but when I try to use the "search this forum" button , the ads cover the right half of the search window, making it useless. How does one go about getting a search function that is usable?

swartlkk 12-30-2014 08:49 PM

What browser are you using?

*EDIT* - I just duplicated this, but it only covered a portion of the search box, not the whole box. Typing in a search term and hitting enter still allowed for the search to be performed.

As an alternative, you can use the advanced search by clicking on the 'Search' button near the middle of the main toolbar, then selecting 'Advanced Search'. From there, you can select a specific forum section or multiple forum sections to search within. For more information on how to search more effectively, check out the 'SEARCH Guidelines' link in my signature below.

cavecookie 12-31-2014 08:57 AM

Thanks for the quick response! I use Yahoo as my default browser. Sure would like to use that search function. Without it, the forum is VERY hard to use effectively, as I am sure you understand! Thanks for any help you can provide.

swartlkk 12-31-2014 05:03 PM

I had typed out an edit to my post last night, but for some reason it did not keep.

I'm not sure what the Yahoo browser is, but I confirmed the overlap in both IE and Chrome last night. However, it no longer appears to be an issue with the current ad that is displayed. I will submit a ticket to the tech team regardless, but if you can get a screenshot and post it, that would help.

As far as a work around goes, even though you cannot see the whole box, you can still enter a search term and then press enter to perform the search. You can also click on the 'Advanced Search' link in the lower left of the pop-up box for more options. You can select multiple forum sections in the 'Advanced Search'.

For more ways to use the search function on the forum, check out the 'SEARCH Guidelines' link in my signature.

cavecookie 12-31-2014 05:21 PM

Thanks for the info. Yahoo uses IE as a browser. My computer at work uses Google, and it was fine this morning. I'm kinda kicking myself now...it never even occurred to me to use the enter button...DUH!! Reminds me of another tech SNAFU that my best friend's wife told me about. She was in the parking lot of a motel one morning, and met a distraught woman. Her car was locked, and the keyless entry doodad would not unlock the door, and she was just about into panic mode. My buddy's wife offered to help...she took the key, walked up to the car, slid the key into the lock, turned the key, and...just like magic, that door just opened right up! Guess I'm not quite that bad off...yet! Again, THANKS!