Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

chat box??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:17 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, it works fine on forums with little to no rules (or at least ones they don't enforce). Those forums are ok too, but I much prefer the calmer more relaxed (less fights) atmosphere of this forum. Which is why I spend most of my time on here...

Old 03-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Yeah, it works fine on forums with little to no rules (or at least ones they don't enforce). Those forums are ok too, but I much prefer the calmer more relaxed (less fights) atmosphere of this forum. Which is why I spend most of my time on here...
yeah honestly i do to..i prefere not seeing some one call someone else an A$$hole or what ever in the middle of a thread about exhaust,just cuz they happen to like a diff kind and have it be a page of insults..its a good site and, mostly good peoplew,ive been there through three versions and like 5 crashes,but it does get old..so i have been spending ALOT more time here lately..i get more answers and called stupid(by the other sites admin no less..he insults people who dont know as much as him) alot less.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I've been known to insult people in my own kind of way. I can make some arrangements if it would make you feel more at home...

Old 03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

Points well taken.
Am a (past) member of several Tech forums. Was an adviser on one. Was also a Tech adviser on a Sr. Citizens forum for a while. That was the only forum that had a chat box. Even at that there was an older gentleman that came in once in a while. He would be feeling his wild oats and some of his comments would be colorful. The dear sweet prim and proper women would get quit up-set. He was banned twice but they kept letting him back in.
I thought it was all pretty funny.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

See, now I don't feel that there is a heavy hand here as far as moderating goes. It seems to be pretty easy going. I am on some forums where you can not link a pic from outside the forum, and any pic you put in the gallery gets watermarked with their logo... totally blows. Needless to say, I only go there for info, and don't hang around much.

The addition of a chat room or box would be cool, but they can be problematic as mentioned here by prior post. It also involves coding of the site on the host server that is sometimes not so simple to do. I run a couple of sites, and all but one have had the forums and chat rooms removed due to spam and abuse. The remaining one is heavily controlled to keep out the baddies.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I've been known to insult people in my own kind of way. I can make some arrangements if it would make you feel more at home...
nah im good on that lol..i tend to argue back if i get called stupid and would hate to get a ban or something.i bet ur not nearly as blunt or as much an A$$hole as the admin on the other site..hell i had a 1 month ban there just cuz i commented back after he said something really derogatory about me..so im good w/ ur current admin style lol

Last edited by 97Bravada; 03-11-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Meh, We had one at my forum, but when we switched hosts, I never bothered with setting it up again because, unfortunately the place was pretty much dead not too long after(that's another story in itself, lol). Too much hassle looking after it. Even though my staff was pretty laid back, it still had to be monitored.
The biggest problem is it's instant, and you can't edit your statement, or retract it. What you said is forever there.