Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Website Problems and Suggestions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/)
-   -   New mods? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/new-mods-74786/)

Thogert 10-26-2012 06:54 AM

New mods?

Can we get some new moderators for the forum? I mean, not to be disrespectful or anything, but most of the current mods don't get on very often. We haven't had a ROTM for 2 months now either. I understand that we all have lives outside of blazerforum, (maybe not Gio or I :p ) but can we get some new ones? :icon_handball:

neo71665 10-26-2012 10:09 AM

Just because you don't directly see what's going on all the time doesn't mean their slacking. The site I mod on I have it set up to get alerts on my phone via email. I actually don't have to log in to give a quick overview of everything going on. Only if I see a problem I can go in and handle it. I also have it set up to not show my online status or last time logged in so I can ninja edit the idiots trying to be sneaky when they think we aint looking.

Personally I'm not a fan of ROTM and the trouble it sometimes causes. Just about every forum has the same guys it rotates through. Some months you have 80 guys wanting to sign up and others you have to beg people. If it hasn't been ran for 2 months have more than 2 guys been signing up for it? We had a rule on ours once you won you had to sit out for 2-3 months to give other guys a chance. I actually had to give a guy a vacation once after he got mad cause I deleted his post after he won the month before. Cussed all of us mods cause he couldn't win 2 months in a row like it was a lotto or something.

rexmburns 10-26-2012 11:15 AM

Our ROTM is setup that you have to be nominated for the voting. You can't vote for yourself and you can't be nominated or voted on for 12 months after winning so that it does keep it fair so that everyone has a shot. I think ours is set up very well. I'm not complaining here but I won the ROTM in Sept and I still don't have my page lol. I do understand that everyone has lives as well and I do like our mods as they do a great job of keeping dbags and bs talkers off our forum but maybe we do need to look into some replacements. I don't think thats a disrespectful thing just that sometimes people have things going on in their lives and and don't have the time. Thats not something anyone can be faulted for either. I don't think I would want to be a mod right now cause I know I don't have the time but I'm sure there are people out there that would love the opportunity. I don't even know how you go about becoming a mod or totally whats involved in it either.

Nevermind I figured out my own question with a quick search!!

What are moderators and administrators?
Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other actions. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.
Administrators are the people who have overall control of everything that happens on the board. They oversee how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as moderators.

xgiovannix12 10-26-2012 08:00 PM

Ive been an administrator for a tractor forum for a few months... OF course I get busy but like Neo said and I do have all notifications and alerts sent to my email.

Cant hurt to have a few new ones to keep up with the site. But that's not my choice.

warthogdriver 10-26-2012 08:06 PM

maybe not just new mods but backup mods.....for when life does catch up with the main mods...maybe small things like ROTM can be handed off on a when needed basis.

i like our system a lot...i think its actually a very "nice neighborhood" we have going here.

my two cents.

Rottidog 10-27-2012 01:05 AM

I nominate Thogert for the sole purpose of ROTM/ROTY.

Takes the pressure off triple B & we all know what life can deal to us.

I hope all is well with him & his!

Please let us know everything is OK with you & yours in our 'brotherhood' Gary.

neo71665 10-27-2012 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12 (Post 548208)
Ive been an administrator for a tractor forum for a few months... OF course I get busy but like Neo said and I do have all notifications and alerts sent to my email.

Cant hurt to have a few new ones to keep up with the site. But that's not my choice.

What tractor forums? I'm on a few for my 57 and 58 powermasters and my 43 ih farmall

mdehoogh 10-27-2012 12:16 PM

I agree that new/different mods could be helpful. I've been pretty busy lately and rarely get a chance to check the forum except occasionally on my cell.

Like neo said, I do get email updates when a post is reported and try to check whats up and handle it as needed but other than that, I don't see whats going on with the forum. I'll get in touch with the other staff and see what they think about promoting some new people to help out with moderating.

edit; Just thought I'd add that, as far as I know, everything's alright with Gary. I would assume he's just been busy lately.

97cherryblazer 10-27-2012 12:27 PM

Captain Hook would be a good Mod... He helps with uh everything lol. Now whether he wants it or not is a different story.

there should be a new mod voting poll.

nunya 10-27-2012 12:44 PM

I know I haven't exactly been around here that long but as a mod from a different forum and knowing the stuff that gets handled and taken care of quickly there (and how it can be handled without interruption to the forum flow) and what I see as a standard member here, I applaud the mod/admin team here. Whether they need help though or are at the limits of what they personally can/want to handle though, I can't answer.