Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Website Problems and Suggestions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/)
-   -   Premium member option? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/premium-member-option-48605/)

beyondbasic 09-01-2010 01:38 PM

Premium member option?

alot of forums im on have a premium member option, donate a few dollars to help the site owner/admins and in return you get a bold colored username, custom user title, bigger pm box, etc would you guys consider this?

old skool luvr 09-01-2010 09:33 PM

seems like alot of the members are getting restless.

especially the newer ones!

relax, i'm just bustin'. seriously though, you guys need to remember that it's not up to the current Mod/Admin's, they have bosses too (just like they're "our" bosses). it's the site owners, and they seem like they're pretty content to have the forum run how it has been.

@ least that's how it seems to me, and from the many previous topics of discussion that have been up recently.

rriddle3 09-01-2010 09:43 PM

Yep, a 'premium' type option would be up to Internet Brands. Doubt it would happen.

beyondbasic 09-02-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 359022)
seems like alot of the members are getting restless.

especially the newer ones!

relax, i'm just bustin'. seriously though, you guys need to remember that it's not up to the current Mod/Admin's, they have bosses too (just like they're "our" bosses). it's the site owners, and they seem like they're pretty content to have the forum run how it has been.

@ least that's how it seems to me, and from the many previous topics of discussion that have been up recently.

so basically this hole suggestion form shouldnt even be here cause they have no control right.. im aware they have bosses but i currently dont have the bosses email and facebook account.. unless you do im pretty sure this is where it should be posted so the mods/admins who do have there info discuss things with them.. thanks for you input and thanks for telling me something that i was already well aware of.. A+ for effort..

swartlkk 09-02-2010 10:28 AM

We push things up the chain as far as we can, but things definitely do not get done in a hurry. Besides, I donate my time here. I'm not going to donate my money too!

old skool luvr 09-02-2010 08:35 PM

sounds like a bit of sarcasm there brother.

Benedict1337 09-02-2010 09:06 PM

lol I used to be an annual supporting member on pbnation.... actually I think I still am haha like 4 years now

croozer 09-02-2010 09:31 PM

I am sure all of you guys that have been here a while have been to the Internetbrands.com website.It is really a good site to find a lot of information about this forums parent company. They are large and far reaching in the internet community.
I personally have no problem with not paying a subscription. It is kind of refreshing to find a site like this where it costs nothing to be a member.
Do not get me wrong, I would pay some dues if it was needed.
So, why are some people eager to give away some money?
You guys that put a lot of time into this site are doing a great job and probably need a few more thank you's instead of the opposite responses.

old skool luvr 09-02-2010 10:17 PM

well that was nice croozer.

i'm sure all of the Mod's/Admin's will be glad to read that.

Benedict1337 09-02-2010 10:41 PM

I think the mods do a great job too, I don't think this forum really needs a premium member thing there wouldn't be too many benefits that I could think of. Really only on pbnation you could get a 100x100 avatar, 2 free gold ups (stickies pretty much), bigger pm box, you had "high priority" searching, and a big Annual Supporting member Badge. it is kind of silly... most of that wouldn't really apply here